Technical How do I replace the evap solenoid valve?

Currently reading:
Technical How do I replace the evap solenoid valve?

I’m at this point too, new valve and fault persisted. I’ve blanked for now and appears ok last two runs.
I presume you've tried all of the suggested stuff on this post?

If you really want... you can do what we did. We tried changing all of the listed parts in this post...before we did the evap solenoid valve at an independent garage, we took the car to a Fiat dealership and asked them to diagnose it.

You may want to ask a dealership to diagnose it, but make sure to tell them what you've already changed by documenting it on a piece of paper (leave on front seat) and speaking to the mechanic if possible.
If they diagnose it, they'll tell you the parts required - if you get a good person at the reception, they may even tell you the part number if you ask really nicely.

If blanking it is fixing it, I wonder (by some basic logic) that if the wiring harness to the valve is at fault. Maybe worth testing those wires - I'm not entirely sure how you do that tbh but is something to check perhaps. Might be worth even trying another valve... we bought a genuine one from a car breaker, and worked fine. Just look at the mileage of the car before buying.

We've had no issues since fixing the issue with the valve, and changing the other common at-fault parts listed on this post. The valve was the main issue in our case. Car has been running better than when it was bought used.

Please do let us know what fixes your issue in the end? :)

Still running fine blanked, so going to unblinking and see if fault returns, on this new valve
Then might test old valve once more
Then ascertain if valve or wiring
Will post up results

Dealer replaced the fire trap and cleaned the breather hose in which it sits. i.e. from cam cover to airbox. When our evap sensor went it was just limp home mode, and the eml no other symptoms. Change the evaporation cannister too would be a suggestion. On the Panda it sits in the rear wheel arch near the filler and above the arch liner. The symptoms you describe sound like something more is involved.

RESOLVED - it was the EVAP valve

Car ran faultless with the EVAP hose connection blanked with insulation tape. As soon as I removed the tape it was clear to hear it drawing air.
Changed EVAP fault cleared.

I can now understand that the original EVAP must have been changed at some point, however it was incorrectly fitted, not all the way home, therefore leaking around the o-ring area, and whilst the clip was there to hold it, it wasn’t correctly clipped in.
The replacement EVAP I had ordered mounted correctly, however it was passing air (ordered from AUTODOC ) put the old valve back in and mounted correctly and it not drawing air, so all good. Reconnected hose. And she runs faultless once more 😄

Car ran faultless with the EVAP hose connection blanked with insulation tape. As soon as I removed the tape it was clear to hear it drawing air.

I can now understand that the original EVAP must have been changed at some point, however it was incorrectly fitted, not all the way home, therefore leaking around the o-ring area, and whilst the clip was there to hold it, it wasn’t correctly clipped in.
The replacement EVAP I had ordered mounted correctly, however it was passing air (ordered from AUTODOC ) put the old valve back in and mounted correctly and it not drawing air, so all good. Reconnected hose. And she runs faultless once more 😄
Previous Garage got the work experience boy to change the one you had fitted!!!!:ROFLMAO:

Great to hear it’s resolved!!!

Back