How can I smarten up my non-metallic door handles

Currently reading:
How can I smarten up my non-metallic door handles

fiatlady

I polish the paint work every now and again but the door handles and other non-metallic outside trim looks like faded jeans. Is there something that I can use that restores its solid colour? Thank you x

I polish the paint work every now and again but the door handles and other non-metallic outside trim looks like faded jeans. Is there something that I can use that restores its solid colour? Thank you x

Is it black plastic? There are loads of different products out there. It really depends on how much you want to spend.

if you can find carbon fibre vinyl, u can cover it up and polish it once in a while with dashboard polish, it ll gleam like new for the rest of its lifetime. Also its not expensive to replace the vinyl once every year if you want to !!
My plastic trim in the bonnet was faded and was almost white after parking in the sun for almost an year before i decided to cover it up !

Attachments

• WP_20131219_17_41_11_Pro.jpg
    WP_20131219_17_41_11_Pro.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC00368.jpg
    DSC00368.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC00367.jpg
    DSC00367.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 49
Is it black plastic? There are loads of different products out there. It really depends on how much you want to spend.
Hi Austen, I think it was black when I first got it but has gone sort of light grey now. I sometimes put normal polish on but it doesn't seem to stay black for long or even go completely black.

Hi Austen, I think it was black when I first got it but has gone sort of light grey now. I sometimes put normal polish on but it doesn't seem to stay black for long or even go completely black.

I've tried most and none are permanent. You just have to reapply regularly, say once a month.

I've wanted to try this for a while but can't justify the price...

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/engine-and-exterior/gtechniq-c4-permanent-trim-restorer/prod_851.html

Watch the video.

Last edited:
Back