Honda Civic EG6 SIR2 B18c inside

Currently reading:
Honda Civic EG6 SIR2 B18c inside

Well i havent been on here since may and a few things have happened car wise. i used to have a Toyota Trueno BZG with 1.6 20v unit with individual throttle bodies as standard.

DSC01939.jpg

DSC01941.jpg

DSC06016.jpg

i sold that and bought a honda civic esi for £300

DSC05792.jpg

sold that for £300

and put a deposit on a honda civic in japan

while in japan
img7986.jpg

img7989.jpg

004666.jpg

After waiting 2months in uk docks
Civic4.jpg

Civic6.jpg

Civic3.jpg

GetAttachmentl.jpg

GetAttachmentyg.jpg

GetAttachmentCAYW8JVT.jpg

GetAttachmentCA0EVLCK.jpg

GetAttachment.jpg

picking it up after 20 hour trip, going to Edin from london (by coach) back to essex all in one day and night.

DSC06409.jpg

DSC06408.jpg

DSC06395.jpg

DSC06396.jpg

DSC06421.jpg

DSC06420.jpg

DSC06418.jpg

also went pod and got 14.3

so far all iv done to her is taken the cat out. next plans are manifold, injectors, put my old management on (from my starlet glanza).

also i bought another ebay bargin a 1987 bmw 320i for some skid action, but needing it gone.

DSC06373.jpg

DSC06374.jpg

DSC06371.jpg

£100 for anyone who wants it!

hope you enjoy! comments welcome.

Last edited:
Liking the Civic, had a drive in a 1.4 auto version of them a while back. Not a fan of the auto, but the rest of the car was decent.

Was looking at getting a EK9 Type R, though other Hondas are on the cards too...s2000 for example. Of course, Hondas make up only a small fraction of the "Possibles List" I've made up :D

If you dont mind me asking, how much was it to import the civic and the cost of the civic itself?

I have always wanted an Jap import but have never really got round to asking about them.

I have a few friends with civics, I absolutely love them!

cheeky wee EK9 would do me :D

Jap imports are great value for money, and come with goodies that we wish we had on the UK versions.

You should look at getting them undersealed (Japs don't use salt) and loose the jap tyres pronto, they are usually old, cracking and have less grip than you average banana !!

The radio is pot luck, some need an expander and end up just getting radio 2 - good game !!

If you decide to go mad and get a 4x4 for offroading MOVE the foglight, the importers normally hang them under the rear bumper, and they don't last long (n)

Trev

heres a quick vid of being inside

chris uk: i did, seem ages ago now! i would to love to know where thats gone and what it looks like now though! no the bmw has no tax :(

ends in 23 hours if any one is interested?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=220316755956

muppet42: well id say this is my 1st proper honda, as the esi was not all that great, but the shape of them i just love! im very much in love with the integra type r (dc5). even the accord type r i love with the green recaro's etc etc! yum!

nathan: (sorry im not going to count how many a's and n's etc there are! lol)

i paid £6.2k for mine but thatw as a on the road price and from a highly recon mended seller who buys them privatly owned in japan, rather than auctions. so i knew exactly what i was getting was the best etc.

as udtrev said they need to be under sealed and the rear fog to be relocated. mine was done when it got in the uk by the company i got the car from.

Private Imports

good luck if you do go to get a import next!

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
If you dont mind me asking, how much was it to import the civic and the cost of the civic itself?

I have always wanted an Jap import but have never really got round to asking about them.

I have a few friends with civics, I absolutely love them!

cheeky wee EK9 would do me :D

i imported this from jap, it cost me £800 to get it over in the uk, then i had to pick up from liverpool docks, its massive so it would be even cheaper for a smaller car.
astro 022.jpg

i really loved that trueno. please tell me you sold it for more than £2000?

erm............... i sold it for a little less :( was such a lovely car! i miss how comfy it was! makes me want another comfy cruiser now :( i needed to get rid as i had me red civic and and the white one on its way and i needed the trueno to pay the deposit!

Last edited:
All that revving about with the temp guage off the bottom.. tut tut lol

Not a big fan of civic's either but damn that sounds good!!

my temp gauge is unplugged, but i have defi gauges plugged in instead which is where my heater controls would be. my heater controls are now in the glove box! lol but it was all warmed up before i done the vid. plus vtec dont work on cold engines, which can be annoying! lol

Yeah they sound amazing but like they say vtec's are a bit like waiting for bad sex lol. Wait wait wait wait, vroooooom opps powers gone. haha.

Had someone having a go at my car from the PPC trackday. Saying I was going past too slow. Think they were waiting for my VTEC to kick in Yo! as I was doing 6k down the straight. Torque, something Jeremy Clarkson and VTEC boys don't seem to understand.

EG6 SIR2 B18c - Sounds like an Intel processor model number - not a car.

alot of honda drivers think there cars are the bee's knee's! its a shame as alot are really ****. and gives a negative opinion on the rest who enjoy all cars in general.

well heres some new updated pics. i got bored of the wheels and added some amber indicators

DSC06533.jpg

DSC06532.jpg

DSC06531.jpg

I really liked your Trueno, i think i know the new owner Si from the Durham area?

The civic is nice, couldnt you have got a EK9 for that money though?

John Fallon is a top guy for bring in cars, ive seen a lot of them through hondatech events and they are really great examples, hope you enjoy it (y)

yeh i sold the trueno to someone from durham, owner of the crx de-sol forum i think...? i do miss that car, due to its comfyness! and no-one had a clue to what it was.

i didnt deal with john, i dealt with david, but over all top people!!!! i would reconmend to anyone who wants a top import car. worth ever penny!

i tell you im enjoying ever minute!

Back