Technical Hill holder and ESP fault

Currently reading:
Technical Hill holder and ESP fault

romanducato

Hello, everyone!
Have a problem with my Fiat Ducato 2015, 2.3 multijet, manual.
Description of the problem:
When traveling around the city, or for short distances, there are no problems, everything works fine. But as soon as I go on a long trip (maybe from 70-100 km), a very strange thing happens. This most often happens when I start to overtake or go uphill. During this, my Ducato starts to "jump" or "twitch" and I get an error: "Hill Holder Unavailable ". After that, the ESP error lights up, and after a few kilometers, a “check engine” may appear at all (sometimes it does not appear). If the "check engine" is lit up, then the car also starts to drive very badly and does not pick up speed. After turning off the engine, the problems disappear. They reappear later after next long trip.
I read a lot of forums and see that this problem is common on these models, but no one wrote how to solve it. (Well, or I did not find)
I connected with a launcher and visited the electricians several times - no errors were found. I would be grateful to anyone who can help with really effective advice, because I don’t know where to go anymore to fix this problem.
P. S. This is used vehicle, and previous owner have car accident.
P. S. Maybe this problem appears when the engine is warm enough. (just my thoughts)

Hello, everyone!
Have a problem with my Fiat Ducato 2015, 2.3 multijet, manual.
Description of the problem:
When traveling around the city, or for short distances, there are no problems, everything works fine. But as soon as I go on a long trip (maybe from 70-100 km), a very strange thing happens. This most often happens when I start to overtake or go uphill. During this, my Ducato starts to "jump" or "twitch" and I get an error: "Hill Holder Unavailable ". After that, the ESP error lights up, and after a few kilometers, a “check engine” may appear at all (sometimes it does not appear). If the "check engine" is lit up, then the car also starts to drive very badly and does not pick up speed. After turning off the engine, the problems disappear. They reappear later after next long trip.
I read a lot of forums and see that this problem is common on these models, but no one wrote how to solve it. (Well, or I did not find)
I connected with a launcher and visited the electricians several times - no errors were found. I would be grateful to anyone who can help with really effective advice, because I don’t know where to go anymore to fix this problem.
P. S. This is used vehicle, and previous owner have car accident.
P. S. Maybe this problem appears when the engine is warm enough. (just my thoughts)
Just a guess but could it be related to the ABS computer as that I think applies the brake for "Hill Holder" and via sensors the ESP etc. through operating the brakes to control those functions.
It could even be an ABS or Yaw control sensor with an intermittent fault sending a poor signal to the ABS Computer.
Let us know:)

Just a guess but could it be related to the ABS computer as that I think applies the brake for "Hill Holder" and via sensors the ESP etc. through operating the brakes to control those functions.
It could even be an ABS or Yaw control sensor with an intermittent fault sending a poor signal to the ABS Computer.
Let us know:)
Today I have done another diagnostic (get another "jumps" and another "ESP check" in my trip today). This fault code named "Stored", I clean it, and next engine start runs perfect. Now I have not any faults on display or in OBD Scanner.
Tomorrow, or next week, when I will go for distance 50+ km, I will got again this lights and problem. But after I turn off the engine and turn on, faults will disappear.

Attachments

• 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    119.1 KB · Views: 58
  • 44.jpeg
    44.jpeg
    49.7 KB · Views: 43
Today I have done another diagnostic (get another "jumps" and another "ESP check" in my trip today). This fault code named "Stored", I clean it, and next engine start runs perfect. Now I have not any faults on display or in OBD Scanner.
Tomorrow, or next week, when I will go for distance 50+ km, I will got again this lights and problem. But after I turn off the engine and turn on, faults will disappear.
With that variety of error codes it may be an idea to check all ECU earthing points and other connections are in good order as a starting point.

Back