General High mileage Panda opinions/what to watch for?

Currently reading:
General High mileage Panda opinions/what to watch for?

Hi all,

Long time, no post.

It's been a good couple of years, but I'm looking to hopefully get another Panda in the near future. Back when I had my car initially (2017 or so), there wasn't really that many high mileage cars on this forum, or reports of common failures on "well used" cars.

I'd be looking at getting one with a 1.2 Fire. All the cars down here in Aus are Euro5, late 2013 builds (whether that makes a difference?).

Aside from all the regular used car checks (service history etc) is there anything Panda specific I should be checking for?

Cheers

Didn't read this thread before...
Fiat say the timing belt change interval is every 120,000km, or every six years if sooner. The Fire engine is a pretty robust unit. Here, the usual ting that affects older/high mileage cars is perishing of rubber bits in the suspension: at the front, the large bush at the trailing end of the lower arm; and at the rear the mounts the support the cross beam and the top end of the rear shock absorber. Also the front antirollbar drop links can get a bit rattly.

Look at the condition of the air con condenser if it has one. They seem to corrode and disintegrate leaving the gas bearing tubes hanging unsupported, waiting to empty the refrigerant into the atmosphere. The npart is not too expensive but fitting costs are a pain.

Back