Hi newbie needing direction please

Currently reading:
Hi newbie needing direction please

Benimardriver

Hi
I’m new to this great site
Can anyone point me in the direction of where to find a workshop manual for my motorhome 2002 series 2 fiat Ducato 2.8 jtd engine . I have a smoking issue which I would like to trouble shoot . It’s only when the engine is under load and not all the time . Appears to be fuel as no oil uplift needed over long journey of 1000 miles . Cant seem to find a manual anywhere
Thanks

Hi
I’m new to this great site
Can anyone point me in the direction of where to find a workshop manual for my motorhome 2002 series 2 fiat Ducato 2.8 jtd engine . I have a smoking issue which I would like to trouble shoot . It’s only when the engine is under load and not all the time . Appears to be fuel as no oil uplift needed over long journey of 1000 miles . Cant seem to find a manual anywhere
Thanks
Is your air filter clean, if high mileage could be injector related.

Is your air filter clean, if high mileage could be injector related.
Hi
Yes I changed air filter and did an oil filter and oil change also as this problem appeared before setting out on our 3000 mile trip of which we have now covered 2500 miles . Still puffs out a bit of soot . I agree could be injector related but I’m not getting an injector fault light on .
The engine sounds good whilst pulling , water temperature is normal under load and idle is good with no rattling noises . The engine has done 75000 miles so should be fine . The exhaust is looking very sooty / rich .

Hi
Yes I changed air filter and did an oil filter and oil change also as this problem appeared before setting out on our 3000 mile trip of which we have now covered 2500 miles . Still puffs out a bit of soot . I agree could be injector related but I’m not getting an injector fault light on .
The engine sounds good whilst pulling , water temperature is normal under load and idle is good with no rattling noises . The engine has done 75000 miles so should be fine . The exhaust is looking very sooty / rich .

Hi
What's your MPG like.

Back