Ducato Hi everyone, here's LaRose, owner of a '09 250 160 Multijet 3.0L Ducato Maxi

Currently reading:
Ducato Hi everyone, here's LaRose, owner of a '09 250 160 Multijet 3.0L Ducato Maxi

LaRose

Hi there,

Recently joined this community. Very eager to tap into the Ducato knowledge base here on the forum. We bought the Ducato last year to convert it into a campervan. I'm based in the Netherlands.

A couple of issues I'm trying to resolve w/ help and info from this forum are for example:
- the fan in the cockpit is a bit too noisy - tips on making it quiet(er) are very welcome!
- the same goes for the sliding door (pondering about for example adding a length of UHMW PE tape to the rails) - tips on making it quiet(er) are very welcome!
- I've already found and downloaded the 250 2010 elearn Technical Data here in the Downloads section covering the 3.0 JTD - is the info in this DVD also applicable for 3.0L Multijets? Or is there a more suitable download I missed?
- I'm thinking of replacing the factory installed ISRI seats (1 pilot and 1 passenger seat) with seats from for example an Audi A8 E4. Any pointers on which other seats are a good/perfect fit are very welcome

Well, that's it for now!

Cheers,

LaRose

Hi, I also have a 2009 3.0L 160 a Peugeot Boxer, but essentially the same, in fact many parts have Fiat logo and part numbers. I believe the engine is an Iveco and the same in both although software could be different. I think this engine is covered by the 250 eLearn manual. The fan on mine is not excessively noisy, cannot be heard on speeds 1 or 2 when driving, so sounds like yours is faulty or something stuck in it, leaves etc. Also sliding door should be no noisier than other vans, if it's not adjusted correctly for height either the top or bottom runner can scrape on the bodywork, easy enough to see and adjust. Otherwise bad bearings in the rollers also make a noise again easy to replace the roller assemblies.

Back