hgt decat done today

Currently reading:
hgt decat done today

i knew when i saw the title there were going to be some anon who would come on and start sayin gits illigal blah blah!

let the guy go about doing his thing and stop scaring him away. i say good on ya mate...who cares if its iligal just say u baught the car like that and u didnt know it had it on. ull get a warning end of

u can only get points for ur stupid driving and driving with out insurance. the plod wont go ur not insured for that decat...i never use to be insured on any mods because i couldnt afford it...i never got ****ed over for it. times change though aye ;)

just ignore the common twats dave and i say good on ya!

ShaunCowhats.gif

She's a monster soon to be revealed :)

If they didnt want it stripping they shouldnt have used nuts and bolts :)

yer as above,if your happy,then all is fine end of day :)
Im gona go with what Ry has said,Decattin is fine on the 20v's due to not relying oin back pressure as ive heard few people say the same..

name please mr anon...

ShaunCowhats.gif

Hi folks, just had a drink with a friend of mine who runs an MOT garage. He does all our cars and bikes, very fair and honest. His opinion is as follows:

If the car has a cat fitted, it will fail an MOT if it is taken off.

cheers shaun,its a shame that mr anonymous keeps nit picking at things on my first post lol.i fully understand the "illegal" issues but people hardly ever declare all mods:alloy wheels,clear indicators,speakers,window tints,infact anything that makes the car more desirable to thiefs.i struggled to find any info on decating my hgt so decided to post my own info(hope it helps).true,if i do get pulled over i can just say 'no speaka english' and play dumb lol:)

yeah,the emmisions will be out.think i need a new lamba sensor(nxt job lol)

u will not pass an emmisions test with out a cat...unless u know some idiot tester who wants a few extra bob in his back pocket lol

what other plans have u got for it mate?

ShaunCowhats.gif

On a petrol you need the CAT, on a diesel it's not as important. I plan to de-cat my diesel soon. Hoping for another few good weeks on the markets so I can go modtastic with the Alfa :)

i know i wont pass an emmisions test without a cat(thats what their for)it didnt cost me anything extra last time,quite a few places arent as keen on emmisions testing as some are (they just dont advertise this lol)
i already put a k&n panel filter on due to the previous owner putting a maxpower filter on it :( just ordered some sill protectors off fleabay too :)

sounds good. exaust system have u got then? the original or a sports?

ShaunCowhats.gif

If anyone is stupid enough to believe cars have a bad effect on the environment let alone a car without a cat is a little naive.

Do some research into the amount of carbon dioxide and pollutions produced by the worlds volcanos. Then do research into how much carbon dioxide that the human race has historically produced.

You will realise its all a big big con and we are being taken for fools.

TBH mate id now go for an ITG filter system and then a remap then if you want more power

cams
manifold
new remap and i reckon you will be touching the 200bhp mark if not more

get some head work and you will **** the 200bhp mark and have 1 rapid motor mate but be very unpopular lol like me lol

so has yours been finished yet Donny? any pics,videos rolling road printouts yet?

Ade

also whats up with your website..you have no store mate,for at least last 6 months..lol

how do we place orders?

Ade

lol seeing as its been done for free the lad has to do it when he has time, i take orders through the forum or at meets and shows etc, the shop aint going live until its perfect.

the car ison hold at the min as im about to have my second child so my priorities havechanged slightly lol

the car itself still looks like a shed but the engine is nearly finished, ive been working on a new inlet system that resembles the 20vt but has longer tubes to regain some torque, also me and my 8 month pregnant fiancee were in a car crash 3 weeks ago so no money to spare at the minute.

TBH I allocate most my spare time and money into the car club itslef to help members out with prices of thing ie. stickers

cheers

mick

p.s.

Dont worry lol when its on the road when my epilepsy has got better i will post links to videos etc lol and print outs from AET turbos who are doing the mapping...

yeah know about them priorities..lol

got my fourth child on way :)
Ade

lol congrats mate, cant wait to start my new project along with a few other things ive got coming up, the new baby will make it hard but the new lass is everything the old wasnt she is amazing so i think i will be ok plus she likes cars too so makes things easier lol

decat

Illegal or nor illegal? ....Illegal! even though an MOT is not worth the paper its written on. It even says on the actual certificate that just because it has an MOT the car is not necessarily roadworthy.

Cars after a certain year 94/95 i believe, must have cats fitted. No Cat, MOT fail....FACT.

Far more inportant is the issue of insurance. If you have an accident and injure or god forbid kill someone, the old bill will crawl over your car and rest assured they WILL inform your insurers that your car is modified from original and not therefore not ROAD legal. We all know how insurers love a get out clause dont we.....

Dont mean to P on your bonfire fella but the extra noise just gives the old bill an excuse to tug you. and sods law says it would be the day you have that extra pint.........