Here we go again

Currently reading:
Here we go again

It's awful, I've been looking at pictures of all these rivers with burst banks and houses and cars and roads underwater :( What disruption it's causing :eek:

I managed to get out of work OK in the end, just took it really slowly. All traffic from Carlisle westwards was headed through Wigton town centre, where traffic could only flow in one direction at a time because the main street was flooded and some people were turning back not wanting to drive through it as well :(

Munkul I am sorry to hear about your troubles, I hope you have managed to get the sheep safe :( Same goes out to anyone else who finds themselves underwater :hug:

the water around wigton is miraculously disappearing.... the bypass is clear, whereas a few hours ago the police said it was 2 feet high and rising :eek:
i think we're ok now....

re carlisle, helz, is hardwicke circus open? cos i want to know whether its worth getting out of bed tomorrow to go to college!
cheers :)

Last edited:
the water around wigton is miraculously disappearing.... the bypass is clear, whereas a few hours ago the police said it was 2 feet high and rising :eek:
i think we're ok now....

re carlisle, helz, is hardwicke circus open? cos i want to know whether its worth getting out of bed tomorrow to go to college!
cheers :)

It was at 6pm as I came that way home from work - now I couldn't say! I have asked for an update on the CWC weather thread so we shall see :) It's not over yet though, more rain tomorrow :cry: Sorry I shouldn't cry, it might add to the floodwaters :rolleyes:

I once went through a flood at 40mph and broke my front bumper :eek:

i once went through a flood at enough speed to be able to get through it without stalling, not going to fast/slow, only for a white van man to come tearing past the other way pusing the water into my engine and making my battery not work:bang:

it wasnt fun getting out of my car and trapsing through the flood to get some help of people to push my car out :rolleyes:

this was near doncaster last year when we had the floods

It was at 6pm as I came that way home from work - now I couldn't say! I have asked for an update on the CWC weather thread so we shall see :) It's not over yet though, more rain tomorrow :cry: Sorry I shouldn't cry, it might add to the floodwaters :rolleyes:

ta, cheers.

if the flood has wrecked all those houses again, then at least we should get a day off because of it :rolleyes:;)

Back