Here we go again

Currently reading:
Here we go again

It's been raining heavily outside for the last 24 hours, the town i work in is cut off and half flooded, i don't know how i'm going to make the 15 miles home tonight because of the closed and impassable roads and most of carlisle is on flood alert. The only positive thing being they just finished building flood defences by my house, but they're not complete. Help :(

Hope everyone else is ok!

we have been quite lucky here (y)

the road to get to the m62 was quite waterlogged, not flooded right across, but large puddles at the side after sharp bends :p

then the m62 was fine, but the roads around the hospital were a bit flooded, and apparently part of wakefield has been closed off :eek:

last time i was up that way, it rained a little bit a lot and i got stuck near lazenby and had to head back and wait for the water to go down a bit.

we have been quite lucky here (y)

the road to get to the m62 was quite waterlogged, not flooded right across, but large puddles at the side after sharp bends :p

then the m62 was fine, but the roads around the hospital were a bit flooded, and apparently part of wakefield has been closed off :eek:

Where my dad works in huddersfield, their factory is 2 foot under water...

On the way to work this morning water was comming out of the drains??? talk about having to double take...

cars fithly now :cry:only washed it yesterday

toll bars taking the brunt of it again though

just been chatting to my mum, tis now snowing heavily just east of penrith and she couldn't get to work in penrith cos of the water. can't be long before carlisle is an island again :eek:

I nearly crashed on the way home from work, the snow was so heavy i could see only 5metres infront of me, and there was a layer of snow on the road, and it was a dodgey back road anway lol

I was supposed to be going to Earls Court today, but the line between Lancaster and preston was flooded and they stopped trains at Morecambe. :bang: I wasn't gonna get a blooming bus to Preston. :mad:

helz - i feel your pain :( it looked bad for carlisle when i left tonight (early)

our farm is completely washed away, the workshop was under 2" of water and rising (never happened ever before, ever) and we were up to our waists in water chasing sheep out of the floods :shakehead:

coming back from carlisle took ages, cos the bypass was closed, so were other routes into wigton, from what i was told....

this is crazy :bang:

there will be plenty people far, far, worse off, as well

well... the village i live in is surrounded by canals and a river. my route to work is only just manageable but even on the way home some of the roads were underwater:( One road is atleast 1ft underwater:eek:

it was walking the dogs this evening and i cut across farmland and appear by the river bollin and it was starting to overflow onto the fields :eek: to say i was brickin would be an understatement.

Back