Technical HELP

Currently reading:
Technical HELP

Right, that's something 100%different and a quantity of errors.
My immediate thoughts having read many other posts is to look for wiring harness abrasion and cut wires.
Open the bonnet. As you are standing looking, on your right ( vehicle left) fixed to the bulkhead is the diesel filter.
Look at it's lower bottom and find the wiring harness, it's known to catch here, not sure if it's brackets or a bolt. I've read of vibration damage here.
The other typical general fails is water getting in the the fuse box area in this same zone.
My reason for the earlier conclusion is that the exhaust should be near on spotless. Soot indicated a cracked DPF, (which mine is).
I will look for your next comments
Just taken it out for a spin after clearing all codes and on a hill I put demand on the engine heavy and managed to get the management light and limp mode occur so pulled over and immediately checked the codes it says again fuel pressure sensor that's the only code.the other codes would appear due to continued driving once the fuel pressure sensor has failed and in limp mode.

If I'm right....open the bonnet, remove the oil filler cap and pull the engine plastic cover lid off. There is one ball pin at your back left, one at your left front and one under it's right side. Lift and remove the cover temporarily refit the oil cap.
Now look at the injectors nears you is a fuel manifold, at it's right end ( vehicle left) is the fuel pressure sensor with it's harness lead plugged on.
Quite what you do to depressurize the diesel allowing you to change the sensor I don't know.
As I started.... if I'm right.

If I'm right....open the bonnet, remove the oil filler cap and pull the engine plastic cover lid off. There is one ball pin at your back left, one at your left front and one under it's right side. Lift and remove the cover temporarily refit the oil cap.
Now look at the injectors nears you is a fuel manifold, at it's right end ( vehicle left) is the fuel pressure sensor with it's harness lead plugged on.
Quite what you do to depressurize the diesel allowing you to change the sensor I don't know.
As I started.... if I'm right.

Attachments

• 16954045361266147992562573582341.jpg
    16954045361266147992562573582341.jpg
    810.6 KB · Views: 47
Thought I was onto it just looking undside the fuel line yellow clip seems to be rubbed through on the outer rubber hose cover and it looked as if the line was split so I pulled back the rubber outer to see and I can't quite tell if it's split or not but assuming I'd see some sort of diesel around it if it was

So I'm yet to try motorhome out but this was my findings on the fuel pressure codes

Attachments

• received_271974025791649.mp4
    2.5 MB
May I ask for written comments? I'm guessing you found contaminated fuel blocking the suction pump filter. What made you look for it? Is the underbonnet fuel filter also blocked?

May I ask for written comments? I'm guessing you found contaminated fuel blocking the suction pump filter. What made you look for it? Is the underbonnet fuel filter also blocked?
Hi I changed the under bonnet filter last week.my thinking was I have been putting drums of fuel in it (cheaper than at the pump) they may not have been clean fresh drums so last fuel filter change I noticed quite abit of muck in the bottom of the filter housing.its not really done enough miles for the high pressure pump to be broken and runs smoothly until hits limp mode so I ruled out injectors.witch left me thinking low pressure pump as I know they had a strainer filter in the bottom and my guessing with a hint of knowledge was correct.for it to pick something up on the code reader such as p0089 fuel pressure it could only of been a few things causing it to do this as the sensor has done its job

As @Fredastaire says, what is the under bonnet fuel filter like and with tank unit out is there any signs in the tank it's self of bacteria as in old dirty fuel causing growth in tank.
If that is the case the whole tank and fuel system will need flushing out completely , biocide added to the new clean fuel , another new fuel filter element etc. and hope and pray you haven't damaged the High pressure fuel pump and injectors as the few quid saved on using cheap fuel may have cost you a bundle.:(

As @Fredastaire says, what is the under bonnet fuel filter like and with tank unit out is there any signs in the tank it's self of bacteria as in old dirty fuel causing growth in tank.
If that is the case the whole tank and fuel system will need flushing out completely , biocide added to the new clean fuel , another new fuel filter element etc. and hope and pray you haven't damaged the High pressure fuel pump and injectors as the few quid saved on using cheap fuel may have cost you a bundle.:(
I have removed tank cleaned it all out and re fitted it all now . pretty sure it's just because the strainer on the low pressure pump in tank was choked with crap down to in filtered fuel out the drums

I have removed tank cleaned it all out and re fitted it all now . pretty sure it's just because the strainer on the low pressure pump in tank was choked with crap down to in filtered fuel out the drums
If the old fuel had any jelly like muck in it then it can be the bacteria issue, it is common on old plant and machinery, boats etc. especially with red diesel or moisture and old fuel that has been standing as it absorbs water and encourages the growth of bacteria which blocks everything up.
I would definitely add some bactericide to protect it as have come across it in diggers and steam cleaners etc.
If you intend to carry on with odd sourced fuel I would filter it very carefully after leaving it standing for a while and the discard the last bits as you are pouring when it starts to look even a little dirty or hint of water and finally use the additive to kill the bacteria.:)

Can I recommend you read the P0401...post in full. Our model twin EGR non Adblue is susceptible to problems of poor injectors and the understood damage thereon.
My choice is to only buy 'ultra' high spec diesel from reputable makers; ---then I add Millers additive. Perhaps it's worth a thought?
May I suggest you check using MES what the injectors variances are relative to the Fiat specification in their service notes.

Can I recommend you read the P0401...post in full. Our model twin EGR non Adblue is susceptible to problems of poor injectors and the understood damage thereon.
My choice is to only buy 'ultra' high spec diesel from reputable makers; ---then I add Millers additive. Perhaps it's worth a thought?
May I suggest you check using MES what the injectors variances are relative to the Fiat specification in their service notes.
There is one member one with a p401 that had a proven case of diesel bug (ive got a copy of the fuel analysis ) he then ended up with a 2nd set of injectors replaced.

I believe there is also a filter on the high pressure pump ( you tube vid on how to change)

Last edited:
So far, No.
Its not as simple as having a dpf or egr delete. There are 2 egrs one on a high pressure system and one low , there is also an update to the ecu required by Fiat. So far members have been talking to various remappers and it s apperrent no one has successfully achieved this.
This engine was only produced from late 2016 to late 2019
What do u mean..updating the ecu by Fiat.Who would do this to the ecu? Would Fiat know?is it an update to the ecu?Also can u tell me where the second egr is.ive done the front one.is it on the ex manifold somewhere.ive just asked this question on another thread but thought id ask it here...hoping??

@Tomm53 if your Ducato is the twin EGR non Adblue variant then you need to find and read a lengthy post 'P401.....what do I check next'; (I can't give the proper link as I'm using my phone - perhaps @theoneandonly can add it).
It's now running at 37 pages and fully describes the EGR/ cooler problems of these Ducato variants.
If you have this variant and have P0401 codes and or P0237 / 8 then 99.9% the problem does not lie with the rear mounted LP EGR but with the LP EGR cooler which will be carbon blocked.
Do please read the main thread P0401 which I refer to above. I do hope we can help you.
Kind regards Fred

Back