Technical Help!

Currently reading:
Technical Help!

xx sam xx

Hi im new to this forum thing but i have taken my car to 4 different garages and they havent got a clue what noise my car is making.
I have a 51 plate fiat punto and have had it for 15 months, when i first got it it needed a new gear box and clutch.
For the past few months it has made a whining noise from the front of the car, it used to do it at onlt 50mph or faster but it has gradually got worse, it does it at any speed (mainly over 20) and stops when i start braking.
It not the fan belt as this has been checked. it has never made the noise in neutral. I have twisted and turned all the air conditioning and even removed the radio. Any ideas?
Thanks

Does it sound like it's coming from the wheels at all? Or just the engine? I had an old Peugeot 106 that did that and it was the front discs, it had a layer of rust around the outside which made a really bad whining sound, so I just chipped off the rust and it was okay again :) To conclude, check your brakes lol.

Last edited:
i had a noise today too at the rear i wire brushed all the rust and crap off then it still did it WHAT IT WAS haha the locking nut i had was just sscraping the spring in the drum so i cut it down apresto!! sorted!! if its coming from the wheels check everything check the engine mounts etc see if anythings loose youll eventually find it

Back