Technical HELP WITH STILO 1.6 16v

Currently reading:
Technical HELP WITH STILO 1.6 16v

Well not really, you haven't got my bill yet:)

Feel free to make a small donation to the forum to help keep us going

Glad it's all working well(y)

I will definately do that! This Forum is brilliant.

Sorry to have to say though, the MAP sensor fault is back, cleaned it up again, light went off again by itself so cleared the fault - then next time we went out it came on again.
Think I need a new MAP sensor?

Your MAP sensor could be shot but the best way to know for sure is to compare readouts or study it in graph form using one of the diagnostic programs like Digimoto or FiatEcu Scan or Gendan or OBDgauge on handheld etc

Car usually triggers MAP fault when it simply doesn't make sense what it's seeing from the MAP compared to other sensors and on a number of occasions

MAP sensor 3.JPG
You can view your MAP output voltage directly here, it's typically around 1.3v at tickover up to 4.5v measuring atmos pressure with ignition on and engine off but you need to be able to compare it with other sensors lke rpm on a running engine to see if it's making sense. That's why your OBD is flagging it and that's much easier to see with diagnostic programs

Map sensor internal circuit diag.JPG
MAP sensor internal circuit is a very simple one with a strain gauge set up and an amp with a temperature compensation but the voltages are so small, from 0.5v to 4.5v max that any glitches in its output causes problems and the ECU then ignores it and makes a very good guess on the other sensor outputs and will drive quite well but it wont give the best economy

Last edited:
(sorry for bad English)
Hello, friends...
I have a mistake P0220 and P1222
on the pin 5 and 1 from the ECU, the signal 5V is received, why, what's the matter?
Can I connect pins 2 and 5 by feeding 5V to two tracks, as well as connecting pins 3 and 1 of the common "earth"?

attachment.php

Last edited:
Back