Grande Punto Help reading the graph on MES

Currently reading:
Grande Punto Help reading the graph on MES

The problem was there with old clutch also. I believe that mechanic didn’t replace release fork/lever. We talk about that before. But even if the fork/ lever is worn out it wouldn’t cause this kind of problem, Am I right? This is happening without any operation on clutch, so just releasing gas pedal, any gear.

Mounts were really bad. I have videos. Replaced it one by one. So, I’m sure they are new and good.

With this method of measuring, we compare our play of each gear. But we cannot compare the play in differential only? For that we need to open gearbox I believe.

Yes, I checked CV joints and axels, play in them, movement. Didn’t find anything suspicious. And while driving there are no any strange sound in any other driving situation (I mean cornering, full steering wheel, over bumps, holes).

It really sems to me that it is differential on gearbox.
We know play is normal , but probably mine gearbox have it somewhere where it’s not allowed to be. I cant test it only by replacing gearbox i think. :(

Attachments

• side mount.mp4
    43.1 MB
  • gearbox mount.mp4
    45 MB
This is simple (primitive) car. It is almost impossible not to find what's wrong.
Suspension, steering, power/drive-train. Auxiliary systems (intake, exhaust). And the structural parts, like front sub-frame (might be loose).
But it looks and sounds like naturally worn gearbox. Maybe clutch. Our home-brew "tests" are not enough to catch it (we need test under the load and/or gearbox disassembly).

Temporary "solution" is: drive, use this car normally for a few more months. Will see (if the problem develops or will be stable).

There is a still, small chance, that this is indeed engine (timing and so on) related. Something is choking the engine, almost stalling it.

Last edited:
My wife will drive car like this and I’ll pay more attention on the situation.

Is it getting worse or stays the same. If I have some free time this summer probably will replace the gearbox.

I have no idea is the timing belt done professionally (meaning did he use tool) or only marking when replacing all.
Could this only reflect like this, while driving? Or it would be some irregularity on idle, while I rev the engine?

Do you understand English? The message was: Your car is not maintained properly, fully. You do one thing, but skip on another.

1. Clutch. Do you have brand new lever/fork and it's plastic bushings? If not, your clutch swap job was NOT "professional".
Example link: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/276071679305

2. Timing belt should be done with valve clearance check (there is a Guide on forum). It is additional 10-15 minutes while you are there during timing belt job (which requires removing valve cover if the job was top notch Pro like you claim).

3. I said coil pack. Without "s" (not "packs"), don't paraphrase my posts. Yes I know there is one module. I did spark plugs Guide years ago on this forum.

4. "Simple" jobs can be done improperly. It happens. Check the suspension and the mounts once again.

Maybe I will try to grab similar MES data log as yours. Tomorrow. Mine is not jerking at all. "Engine braking" is smooth.
By the way. Check this Polish forum, it is loaded with details (no need to translate, pictures are enough): http://fiatpunto.com.pl/forum37.html
Moderator here:

Please be more respectful and not so aggressive to fellow members. What may seem 100% obvious to you is not and excuse/reason to negatively criticise another person. We are all here to LEARN, to be respected, etc.

Warning issued!

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back