General HELP.!! identifying vehicle.

Currently reading:
General HELP.!! identifying vehicle.

halfbreed

Hi.My first time on this forum,so please bear with me.! I am trying to find out any info on my vehicle and cant seem to find anything at all on the web.I have just purchased it.
The vehicle is a 1982 (B reg) Fiat Ducato Eurostar.It is 4x4 diesel 5 speed.and looks as though it was once a mini-bus/camper type van.The engine has:U25/661 stamped on a plate on the block.Is there anyone who can tell me anymore about it please.Engine size,availability of spares etc.I cant seem to find out anything about it on the web.I need to find someone who can point me in the right direction.I hope someone can help.!(i do have some pics if that is any help).? Any info,much appreciated.Thanks Halfbreed

sounds like the ducato bit of your van is fiat, the eurostar part is iveco, a joint effort by the comapnies, as i recall iveco have a regional office in watford, herts, they or fiat commercials should be able to point you right for bits, it could well be that the platform is also peugeot and citroen based, as all these companies have collaborated at one point or another

AppleSei said:
The vehicle cannot be a B reg if it is a 1982 model year

Too true... X or Y reg, plate can't be B as it makes the vehicle look newer than it is, so it must be a model made from 1982 onwards. Ok... I've finished splitting hairs now.

A Ducato 4x4 does ring a bell with me, pretty sure I have an article about it somewhere.
If I recall correctly it just looked like a regular Ducato van with 4x4 stickers.
smile.gif

Will see if I can find the magazine.
thumb.gif

Cheers

Sav

the iveco eurostar is a tractor unit.

It is not a special edition is it?????

Did they have ducatos in 1982??

Curious...

The Fiat Ducato was available as a 4x4 panel van, which could be converted to a motorhome or as a mini-bus. Various companies (Holdsworth, Auto Sleepers etc.) would offer the 4x4 as an option.

I used to have a Fiat Ducato brochure of the early 90's model. I remember the 4x4 had a lift of about 2" so the prop-shaft could get underneath the body, and the rear transfer case could be accommodated. I think that because of this, the load capacity was not compromised. They are not 'off roaders' as such (no transfer box and clearance is still not brilliant) but very capable on green-lanes and quarries

Your version is running the 2.5D engine with roughly 70bhp that was ubiquitous at this time; later in the 80's the 2.5TD became an option with 95bhp.

The curious bit is the 'Eurostar', which I think must be the model-name of the convertor; I think the reference to Iveco Eurostar is probably just a fluke. I don't think you could get an Iveco Eurostar tractor unit in 1982/84.

I would try and get some help from Fiat UK who will likely be able to give you more information

New to the Forum... Could this be the same as the van that I own. I have a B Reg Fiat Ducato Eurotour 4x4. Having some gearbox issues at the mo. Has a top speed of 45mph and 5th gear is the same revs as 1st. I've trawled the Yellow Pages and the Internet and cannot seem to find anyone who can either a)advise me as to what the problem could be, and b)fix it...

I'm at a bit of a loose end but just need to get it going...

Anyone?

Last edited:
Back