Technical Help identify problem please??

Currently reading:
Technical Help identify problem please??

JessIDEA

Hi, Firstly apologies but i'm not very technical and i'm not sure of the correct names for things, i'll describe it as best i can....
I have a Fiat Idea 1.3 diesel 04 plate. I've recently had a really odd problem with the car, the little black box (relay??) that sits next to the battery has been making a clicking noise that goes on even when the ignition is off and keys out etc. This seems to be draining my battery (which is two weeks old) i've found that if i remove the pink no.10 fuse / relay it stops the ticking and when replaced the car will start, like its been reset?! At first i thought it was the alternator that needed replacing as the car would be fine one day and then dead the next. However, taking out and replacing this no.10 fuse seems to take the battery back from appearing dead to getting the car started.

Any help / advice would be hugely appreciated - i can't seem to find anywhere to help me identify this no.10 fuse / relay and i would like to have a rough idea of whats wrong before i part with money at a garage.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20130515_094829.jpg
    20130515_094829.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 20130515_094840.jpg
    20130515_094840.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 43
Your handbook should identify what this relay is for. That would help diagnosis.

If the fuse/relay layout is different to that shown in the handbook, when it is removed, try to identify what is not now working.

If the other red relays have identical connectors and markings, you could swap one over and see if clicking persists, or moves to the new location. This will help identify if it is the relay at fault, or if it is a victim of another issue.

Back