Technical HELP! fuel pump :(

Currently reading:
Technical HELP! fuel pump :(

When you replace the pump you'll be able to see into the tank
and have a look and see if the dish in the bottom of the tank that the pump sucks fuel from is full of GuNk

I'm sure you could clean it out from the hole the sender/pump goes into

Then again if your tank is now pretty full of fuel it might be a little more difficult
and you might have to syphon the tank dry to get rid of any GuNK

Best of LUCK

next time jason, chas and i have a garage session at pitstart park royal, grab your overalls, come up, and get stuck in, best way to learn, have a go yourself, all the equipment you need, and a pizza parlour close by(y)

:(

Wish I was still in London.

Fingers crossed I can get a new pump delivered. Did the eBay people deliver next day as they say on the listing? I'm desperado to get her sorted...hopefully nothing will happen to her, but you never know when you park somewhere in London and have to leave the car for a few days. Plus my road tax runs out on the 31st...:( What about all the wires and tubes that are on top of the pump thing; ie the bit we wired into the car? We probably need another set of those, right?

Definitely need to get a spares car!

Last edited:
When I say wired into the car, I mean wired into the battery via the radio wire...

Did the eBay people deliver next day as they say on the listing?

Yeah, they were really good :)
Sent it directly to the garage where my car was after I asked them to.

Last edited:
Fuel pump was replaced, and fired straight into life on original wiring.
Inspection of tank revealed no detritus. I think pump just had reached end of its life after 110k. I guess they have brushes that wear.

In truth could be car telling us overdue love.
Needs definate work on front suspension.
Exhaust manifold.
Few rust holes in doors sorting
And a bloody good service.

Just need garage emptied so can do in the warm.

Back