Currently reading:
Help central locking

s7eve

Hi all can you tell me if you can get central locking for a mk1 punto 55
And a price if poss or guess lol??(y)

Just fitted this one to my brothers car:-
LINKY
£22.49 inc postage.

Also fitted the Central locking "REMOTE" upgrade to my Seicento,touchwood can't fault either so far.

Just fitted this one to my brothers car:-
LINKY
£22.49 inc postage.

Also fitted the Central locking "REMOTE" upgrade to my Seicento,touchwood can't fault either so far.

And I can confirm that hawk are a bloody good company! I've managed to visit their London factory where they dispatch all of their bits from (y)

Jon.

Looks like the Hawk kit is just the same as the one from Maplins only cheaper and with the remote upgrade. Extremely tempted...Do people rate these? I feel pretty confident with the main part of the fitting, however the only bit that worries me is connecting it to the power supply. Where abouts do i connect it to? If someone could explain that bit to me, i'd be really grateful as i just can't seem to get my head around it :) . Is there any other things to be aware of when fitting this to a mk1 punto? Also regarding fitting the little control box thing, my main fuse box next to the steering wheel is packed with wires and stuff from an after market alarm. In the glovebox, there is a drop down panel which is empty cos its a 55s. Anything stopping me sticking the central locking box in there?

Cheers in advance guys :)

Ah right, excellent. Thanks for that mate, i've got a clearer idea of things in my head now :D Is the live to radio fused at the radio, or at the fuse box? Because i know on my sisters original punto radio, i think it had a fuse under where the ISO connectors fit into the radio. I ask this because the kit requires a 25A fuse on the power supply.

Also, what would be the best way of tapping into the permantent live? Would a scotch lock be adequate?

Cheers

Last edited:
Ah right, excellent. Thanks for that mate, i've got a clearer idea of things in my head now :D Is the live to radio fused at the radio, or at the fuse box? Because i know on my sisters original punto radio, i think it had a fuse under where the ISO connectors fit into the radio. I ask this because the kit requires a 25A fuse on the power supply.

Also, what would be the best way of tapping into the permantent live? Would a scotch lock be adequate?

Cheers

Please use crimp connectors or solder Scotch locks are for Halfords and other related cheap fast fitters
Scotch locks will react to the wire they connect to after time and create faulty connections
I have seen so many in my lifetime and have had to replace many and a good bit of the wire they have been attached too

Ian

Cheers for the help guys, i fitted it in the end and wired it direct to the battery :) And where i extended the wires, i crimped some bullet connector things on :) All works well.

Back