Technical Help! Cant get into gear

Currently reading:
Technical Help! Cant get into gear

lukedmartin88

Fixing It Again Tomorrow
I have just got into my car and after approaching a junction I put the car into 1st and as i pulled away couldn't get it out of 1st, I eventually managed to but then had trouble getting it into and out of 2nd and 3rd, the higher gears and reverse seem ok? I have a 57 1.3 mjd 75. any one experienced this problem before?

Maybe a gear cable problem. No experience of it with my GP – but had the fault with my Mk2B, & argued to be a fairly common fault. Check out in the [Punto] section.

i would argue about it not being under warranty! just had the same problem and carcraft fixed mine for free and my car is a 1.4 16v thats done 48k and is 4 years old ;)

if you've only just got the car then take it back to the garage you bought it from and get them to fix it. you've got three months warranty automatically from them thanks to trading standards.

Could you expand on this please. I thought warranty was something that garages chuck in with the deal and try giving you one month and you haggle for 3?

Cheers

i bought the car in december from the Desira dealership. it had just come out of its three year fiat warranty. i should have a one year autoprotect warranty which was provided by the dealer when i bought it but according to desira Autoprotect wont cove for this specific part! bloody waste of time if you ask me!

Back