help about adjusting a diesel tuning box

Currently reading:
help about adjusting a diesel tuning box

Hi all, this is a simple question as I cannot find the answer anywhere on the net.

I have a diesel tuning box on my car, had it cheap so dont go on about a re map please.

On the side of the box it has a nob thing that you can turn, so that is for more power im presuming, but can I turn it fully or not as I haven't touched it so far.

It is on the car and really good. Been on for like a year and was thinking i would ask before I break it.

real answers please and from people who know about this stuff. would be much appreciated :slayer::slayer:

on the tuning box i had the instruction said to turn the adjuster a few degress clockwise and drive the car in third gear from 40-80. If nothing happened do it again a few degrees at a time until you trigger the limp mode, then back it off a few degrees. The engine light will go off after a while say overnight.

No sorry don't know the make of it just that where it is connected to the box it has a twist thing that you need a small flat screwdriver to twist. What colour should it show when the car is on and does it change colour when you rev it?

Well guys I have just been playing with the box and bloody hell wat a big difference. It was only turned about quarter of the way so now iv turned it three quarters and took it for a spin to check it's ok and o my god. Bloody brilliant. Will keep a eye on it as it sounds like I got a dump valve and all the pipes are fine, so if it gets too much I will just turn it down abit.

looks like you can give it some more if the eml hasn't come on:)

the led on mine was red but the adjuster was inside the unit so you had to take the lid of it.

I thought i could see your smile today

Well, I have just driven the car today and I really did put it through its passes and it happened, the engine light came on then the limp mode then oil pressure then engine cut off. Lucky I was only in 3rd gear booting it and there was a place for me to pull over very quick.

so on the side of the road i just turned it down abit and then all was good and drove straight off. lol ha ha

sadly that means you need to wind it back a bit. When it goes to limp mode you just need to turn the engine off for a coupla minutes. Has the enjoyment management light gone out now?

Yer thats what I done, I just opened the bonnet and turned it down abit then drove off.
The engine light is still on but will go after I turn the engine on and off a few times.
Think I will turn it up just a little bit more to get it to the max without the engine light coming on. but will just take time to get it exactly rite.

Yes, thats when the errors came on the dash boards when I was in 3rd booting it and then a sudden loss of power then it came back then it it totally went.
i put my foot down in 3rd then pulled it off abit and back down again to get the power like i normally do and it just happen
Think I was only doing about 65 ish. but before all this happened it was really pulling like stink.

Just a question. Will a remap give me more power than what the tuning box did before I had to turn it down????????????????????????????

i have already got a k and n standard filter the ones that go in the air box, plus i have opened the air pipes out and cut the restrictor out front the grill. also just cleaned the egr valve and about to clean the solenoid pipes and re direct it buy the battery

Just a question. Will a remap give me more power than what the tuning box did before I had to turn it down????????????????????????????

If you have the ability to read and save a copy of your original MAP plus install a new one I have a Generic MAP you can have a copy of and try?

i have already got a k and n standard filter the ones that go in the air box, plus i have opened the air pipes out and cut the restrictor out front the grill. also just cleaned the egr valve and about to clean the solenoid pipes and re direct it buy the battery

Where's the restrictor in the grill, could you upload a photo?

Well, to be hones I haven't plugged a laptop up to the car so not sure on how to upload the new map onto it.
I am good with computers so dont think it will be hard at all.

But think I will stick with the easier way and pay someone to do it, BUT I wont bother if there isn't much power difference in it.
SO WOULD THEIR BE MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A TUNING BOX TO A REMAP = HONEST OPINION???

Rite then here we go to the restrictor

1- open your bonnet and have a loot at the rite side of the grill on the top
2- you notice the circle where the air goes into
3- you notice in-front of the circle whole you see a plastic plate, easiest way to see this is to look through the grill to find the circle BUT you wont be able to as there is that plastic plate there.
4- buy using a pair of snips and a small hack saw or anything you can cut it out.
5- buy looking through your grill you will notice the hole you have just made and then there was no restrictor.

Sorry for the guide being rubbish but its always the simplest things that give you more power.

This has only been done on my JTD and not sure if it can be done on a petrol version.

I will place a photo now, just have to wait for the rain to die down.

Well, to be hones I haven't plugged a laptop up to the car so not sure on how to upload the new map onto it.
I am good with computers so dont think it will be hard at all.

Have a read of this
https://www.fiatforum.com/leisure-lounge/276693-im-remaping-my-own-car.html
and this
https://www.fiatforum.com/tuning/276174-diy-remap.html

But think I will stick with the easier way and pay someone to do it, BUT I wont bother if there isn't much power difference in it.
SO WOULD THEIR BE MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A TUNING BOX TO A REMAP = HONEST OPINION???.

I've had both, tuning box and now a remap. I got better performance from the remap but under normal circumstances the MAP would be permanent(I'm able to remove mine myself) and could cause emission problems at MOT time so a tuning box is a very good option.

Rite then here we go to the restrictor

1- open your bonnet and have a loot at the rite side of the grill on the top
2- you notice the circle where the air goes into
3- you notice in-front of the circle whole you see a plastic plate, easiest way to see this is to look through the grill to find the circle BUT you wont be able to as there is that plastic plate there.
4- buy using a pair of snips and a small hack saw or anything you can cut it out.
5- buy looking through your grill you will notice the hole you have just made and then there was no restrictor.

Sorry for the guide being rubbish but its always the simplest things that give you more power.

This has only been done on my JTD and not sure if it can be done on a petrol version.

I will place a photo now, just have to wait for the rain to die down.

I'll wait for the photo. (y)

Back