Technical Help 2017 fiat 500x 1.6 diesel faults

Currently reading:
Technical Help 2017 fiat 500x 1.6 diesel faults

ashwill445

So for the past couple of weeks my partner has been getting auto stop/start unavailable and drive mode unavailable now the engine light is on and car is in limp mode. I have plugged in with a bog standard reader but not codes showing gave me the option to clear so I did and the engine light went off and all was fine for 2 days but it is back on again and in limp mode. I have it booked into fiat to get this looked at! but any help would be appreciated before I go there as there charging £138 for a diagnostic plug in for 1 hour. any help would be amazing

Without the code for whatever the engine light is for it’s just guess work I’m afraid. I’m sure a local garage rather than Fiat would be able to diagnose it saving you a few quid

My daughter’s car did something similar to this and a new battery fixed the problem. From some online exploring the start/stop needs a good battery so if the battery is old it can cause the issue. We had the start/stop, drivers mode and EML light appear as well. Could you try a different good battery and clear the codes to see if this resolves the issue?

So for the past couple of weeks my partner has been getting auto stop/start unavailable and drive mode unavailable now the engine light is on and car is in limp mode. I have plugged in with a bog standard reader but not codes showing gave me the option to clear so I did and the engine light went off and all was fine for 2 days but it is back on again and in limp mode. I have it booked into fiat to get this looked at! but any help would be appreciated before I go there as there charging £138 for a diagnostic plug in for 1 hour. any help would be amazing
Did you get far with this?

Back