Currently reading:
Hello people thought I'd share

Rapidrod

Joined up as I have recently bought a second hand Fiat Punto Grande 2006 1.4 16v. I tried a hard reset by removing the battery terminals and leaving them disconnected for a while in order to get rid of flashing Odometer and hopefully getting the Windows button on the steering wheel to work again. After reconnecting the Battery terminals it would not crank just dead however all other electrics were working Ie. dashboard lights, wipers, horn, radio etc..etc but kept getting warning errors ASR and ABS unavailable, Have power steering checked, EBD failure, Hill holder and ESP unavailable. Padlock warning light on dashboard wouldn't switch off. Resolved it by doing the following hope this helps anyone else with the same problem.
1. Checked Battery Voltage with Multimeter
2. Cleaned battery terminals
3 Checked Fuses
4. looked for parasitic draw
5. check for voltage drop on the positive and then the negative battery cable (found there was a 3 volt drop between battery and chassis)
6 Removed battery negative Cable cleaned up around the connection on the chassis and cleaned up the negative cable where it connects to the chassis.
7. Put back together and fingers crossed, left key at MAR on the ignition, warning light with padlock went out but system warning (Have power steering checked) turned the key further and boom..........
the engine turned over again steering was light (Power steering seemed to be working as normal) took it out for a careful drive and system warning has gone away.
However the Odometer and the Windows button aren't working still I know Blue&Me is there as I can see it on my phone after scanning for bluetooth but cant connect no pairing code.

Back