Technical Hello. I need some help regarding a blocked door!

Currently reading:
Technical Hello. I need some help regarding a blocked door!

BogdanGeorge

Hello. I own a Fiat Bravo 1.4 66kw, from 07.08.2007. The car is good , the engine also a good one but the problem that i have involves the back door. Somehow the back door handle got a hit and doesnt work any more, also the child lock was on and the door is stuck. I tried ( followed dr. Zoidberg instructions for replacing the speakers , and thank you for that Zoid) to unscrew all bolts - one near the handle , 4 in the handhold area and found also 2 under the bottom of the door, and also ( i have manual window opener) unscrewed the window handle. Now, comes the bad part, because of the blocked door , i have to work on the car backseat, so after taking out the bolts ( Dr Zoidberg didnt show how he did with the back doors) I cant take out the door card? what can i do , i m missing some bolts?
Maybe someone can help. Please.
How can i get in touch with Dr Zoidberg?
Thank you,
Bogdan

Last edited:
There are a series of lugs that hold the door card in place. You ideal need to place a knife between the door and door card and use this to prize the card off the door. This is likely to be difficult with the door closed though.

Maybe you could try removing the door card on the other rear door to see exactly how it is held in place e.g. hidden fixings.

If you can get hold of an internal inspection camera (endoscope?) maybe you could pass the camera down inside the door with the window wound down (if it goes fully down?) or with the glass outer lower weatherstrip removed from the door. If you can dislodge even the leading lower corner of the door card you might be able to insert the inspection probe from there.

Last time I tackled this kind of problem, it was on a Fiat Ritmo/Strada. Eventually managed to remove the door card with the door locked. The link between the outer handle and lock assembly had become dislodged.

Or ask an Auto-Locksmith? A Bodyshop might also be able to advise?

Al.

Back