General Hello, Huge service interval

Currently reading:
General Hello, Huge service interval

Natchi

Hi all,

New to the forum, I am looking at buying myself a Stilo. I have found a 07 1.4 that I like the sound off, however its only ever had one service, and that was 24000 miles and 2 years.

My obvious concern is the oil as that was the last recorded change. Has anyone got any experience of this huge interval on a Stilo, and any advice what I should look for or should I just walk away.

Thanks in advance!

you be looking at a 6 year old car with one service record and no other proof of servicing..myself would walk away as if they could not be botherd with oil change then would take it any other servicing was neglected also, oils are better these days but you do not know how it was driven..you would need to get cambelt done due to age and asap the body may be in good order but no point if it engine and other parts start failing and cost you more in long run..buying car is always a gamble why you look for as many receipts of work carried out as possible even on brake parts and other mechanical parts as makes better for seller and buyer ..you could be lucky but you be looking at full service including cambelt..me I would find one you are confident with or one that reflects the cost of all the service work needed to keep you running smoothly and reliably

An 07 1.4 Stilo would be a very good buy but not this one. It should have been serviced at least once per year with oil and filter change and the cam belt should have been changed by now as mhowse said. Looks like a mechanically neglected vehicle, regardless of external appearance.

thanks for the replies, I have left it. Just needed to hear some sound advice to put the final nail in the coffin so to speak.

Back