500L Hello from South Wales

Currently reading:
500L Hello from South Wales

Hi and welcome:)

Yes, quite a few of us use MultiECUscan on here. Great tool. Used it today to clear a code :)

I needed a bit of help to get my OBD interface talking to to my laptop at first, and the knowledgable folk here were a big help.

There's a dedicated MES section here: https://www.fiatforum.com/forums/multiecuscan.336/

Let us know if you need any assistance

Hi and welcome:)

Yes, quite a few of us use MultiECUscan on here. Great tool. Used it today to clear a code :)

I needed a bit of help to get my OBD interface talking to to my laptop at first, and the knowledgable folk here were a big help.

There's a dedicated MES section here: https://www.fiatforum.com/forums/multiecuscan.336/

Let us know if you need any assistance
Thanks for the interest, At the moment I am looking for advice regarding key programming . I've recently acquired a 2014 1.3 multijet Trekking, which came with 3 keys, 1 is the key/fob that comes with the car, the other 2 are brand new uncut "spares". which I got cut at a locksmith, I obviously intend to program them using MES. when I collected the keys they said that 1 key had a transponder and 1 key did not. So I would like to know if I go ahead with the programming as MES lays out, If there is a problem will it affect the original key/fob, can MES tell me that the keys are "good" or not before I destroy all of them. Incidentally I'm located in Blaenavon -Registered MES version 5.1 + Yellow, Red. Green adaptors. As you can see from the photo ! looks genuine and 1 looks like a copy the 1 with the logo is the ` that has a transponder

Attachments

• IMG_3216.JPG
    IMG_3216.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 31
According to @koalar on this thread, MES can NOT program new keys, unless I've misunderstood:
But @typecastboy or other users on the MES section might be able to advise

A cloned transponder key just works

It's an exact copy of the original key

The equipment isn't dear to do this and only takes I couple of minutes to do

MultiECUscan is not needed

This key will open the the door lock and start the car

-----------------------------------------------------------------

You can not clone a remote key
A remote key needs to be preprogrammed first

The equipment was about 4k last time I looked or about 1k china knock off

This is the hard bit

At the time I looked this was the only only machine capable except for the fiat own, things make have changed in the last 2 or 3 years

Once it's been preprogrammed the new key needs adding to the list in the body computer

This is the easiest part, lots of software will do this including multiECUscan, some including multiECUscan will require the CODE to add a key, some will read the CODE direct from the BCM

But any previous key not also added at this time will then be permanently black listed, it is then nearly impossible to get these keys to work again

The body computer can be dismantled and the eeprom attached to and manually manipulated to fix a blacklisted key but not many people are capable of doing this

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manual key, cloned from £35 normally around £65
Remote from £135 but normally over £250

Or buy a preprogramed key from fiat, plus CODE and add via multiECUscan, no doubt fiat charge like a herd of elephants

Back