Hello folks - newbie, Grande Punto driver

Currently reading:
Hello folks - newbie, Grande Punto driver

Archibald6669

As said in the title. My family has bought Fiats since even before I was born. Mom bought a Fiat 126 in'76, lasted until 1991 but ended really in poor shape.
I can still remember the engine on the rear. Was so tiny, we called it "The Peanut".

Then we got a second-hand Uno when I was kid (my elder sister later destroyed it against a truck : she was lucky to escape unhurt).

We replaced it with a 1996 Punto 1.2 when I was in high school: I dumped it in 2011 with 260 000 km. Not too bad for a gasoline car.

And then I bought one of the last Grande Punto (Punto Evo was coming fast) in October 2011: at bargain price. Still have it, 204 000 km and I love it. Good little car, never let me down on the morning or anywhere. The 1.2 68 hp engine can't do miracle on highways (not with 1000 kg to drag), but at least I can do 700 km for merely 70 euros (55 euros when I bought it...sigh). Same for carbon emissions, it is still among the least polluting so no restricted areas for me.

I have a serious problem however, which I'll detail on the "Grande Punto" forum section.

Cheers and long live Fiats !

Back