Heater problems...

Currently reading:
Heater problems...

dont think it'll cost much for the matrix. rad-weld, not sure how much it is cause i've never needed it but cant see it being more than 10-20 quid. it is only a temp fix tho, you'll need to get it sorted.

i'll see if i can find a price for the matrix for ya :wink:

whitey said:
dont think it'll cost much for the matrix. rad-weld, not sure how much it is cause i've never needed it but cant see it being more than 10-20 quid. it is only a temp fix tho, you'll need to get it sorted.

i'll see if i can find a price for the matrix for ya :wink:

Cool, cheers! Just ask Chris + Mikey how cold the car is just now, no heat at all all it pump out is cold air! Not good when the windows start misting up! :cry: it got to the point where being in the car wasnt much better than being outside it!!!

sorry mate, just had a look on shop4parts and desira and couldnt find anything but if you give desira or even fiat a ring i'm sure they'll give ya a price :)

Radweld is about 4 quid mate. Is the car heating up normally on the temp gauge?? Are you loosing coolant anywhere? Have a check underneath the heater controls if you can and see if there is a leak. :wink:

Sounds mor like thermostat`s gone, if heater matrix was gone you would have water everywhere, take thermostat out through it in a cup of boiling water if it closes its ok if not take it out of cup and put in bin minding not to burn hands :wink:

Billzer said:
Sounds mor like thermostat`s gone, if heater matrix was gone you would have water everywhere, take thermostat out through it in a cup of boiling water if it closes its ok if not take it out of cup and put in bin minding not to burn hands :wink:
throw lol

Steam/smoke? I presume you mean its coming from the exhaust??? If you got white stuff coming out the exhaust could be the head gasket too. Best bet is to change the thermostat first, for the sake of a tenner or so. Especially if its overheating occasionally. Process of elimination :wink:

:lol:
but i just realised that he didnt say where the smoke came from, so if it was from the exhaust-oops :oops: :lol:

em, martyn, help.

Dont be daft! Gas fire...pfft.....I might stretch to a hot water bottle or something if I dont get my heating back soon!!!

Anyway, yes. Ideas?! Should I bite the bullet and replace the thermostat and hope for the best?! Even if I get it, how tricky is it to change?! Bearing in mind I know not a lot about thermo-me-whatsits... :roll: :oops: 8)

Back