General Heated mirrors

Currently reading:
General Heated mirrors

Djm37

Hi,

Does bravo diesel active have heated mirrors on 2007 ?
I think it does but not sure, however if they have the drivers side doesn't work. Can these be repaired ??

Regards

Im not sure if the active has them or not. You can tell by turning on the rear demister in cold weather and touch the glass, if it is warm then it has them

As for repairing them, I suppose it depends whats wrong. Our Bravo Sport had a passenger heated mirror that worked and a drivers that didnt. THey replaced something (IIRC the element had gone) and it is fine now. It wasnt much either, certainly less than £40 fitted...

im pretty sure the element is in or behind the glass, theres different part numbers for the heated glass vs std, I might be wrong but im sure they only turn on below a certain temp with the rear screen, cant remember the value, I have a feeling its 6 degrees or lower, might be wrong

My Door mirror was cracked when i got it, just bought a new one from Shop4Parts and stuck it in. There is an element on the back of the glass which is connected to two wires in the door mirror.

May be worth taking the mirror off (carefully) and checking the cables are connected.

http://www.shop4parts.co.uk/?name=s...6&secondary=95&opts=72&btnViewProducts=Search

:yeahthat:

Just a matter of replacing the glass, they do tend to only last 2-4 years anyway from experience.

As john recommended, remove the glass and check for the 2 small wires (y)

Thanks for replays. The other mirror gets warm so I take it this one is faulty. Do they just click or pull off (glass).

Oh right, I had no idea. Where is the button to turn them on please, or is it the same one that does the rear window? Cheers.

:yeahthat:

Just a matter of replacing the glass, they do tend to only last 2-4 years anyway from experience.

As john recommended, remove the glass and check for the 2 small wires (y)

If the 2-4 year rule is general, rather than Fiat specific, then I've been lucky with my Focus. 13 years old, 208,000 miles and the heated mirrors still work.

Heated windscreen is a different story though...

I have a 1.4 Dynamic and for the last 14 months I assumed the heated mirrors werent working. You say the active model doesn't have heated mirrors. Does the dynamic?
Its never worked, either side, but the rear window does. I've been reluctant to remove the glass incase I make matters worse.

Does the Dynamic have heated mirrors, an if not, can or simply buy a new heated glass mirror and plug in? I.e are all models wired for this provision?

Thanks Most Easterly Pandas.

The next questions is what might cause both the heated mirrors not to work, but the rear heated window to work? Fuse is good. Are the mirror glass simple enough to remove without damaging? I could check there both orginals and wired up.

Thanks
https://www.fiatforum.com/members/most-easterly-pandas/

My heated mirror dosn,t work but neither dose my adjuster from the armrest could this be a relay or fuse problem

Sorry not got back sooner been abroad, had to deal with flat battery this morn forgot to disconect. Any idea which fuse I should be looking at cheers

Back