General Headlights won't turn off!

Currently reading:
General Headlights won't turn off!

pablohoney

2004 Fiat Ulysses Eleganza 2.2 JTD

Headlights flashing on and off while I drive, then switching themselves to main beam (even though they are switched off). This is making the car unroadworthy at the moment - esp at night. Once - the wipers started to play up too and none of the controls from the steering wheel would work. So it appears to be an intermittent fault that may be hard to find.

So I have removed the shroud around the steering wheel and notice all plugs and sockets in place. Next thing is to remove the plate behind the shroud so I can access further down the steering column before I give up and take it to a garage.

But - how do I remove the plate. There are no screws and although it is on runners allowing it to slide up, the plate won't slide the whole way.

Also - any other ideas what may be causing this?

Thanks!

I have the same problem, too. I think the problem is the stalk for the switch as when I push it towrdas the windscreen it turns the lights off- but they do come back on shortly after so I rigged up a strong elastic band and a hook behind the height adjustment lever to pull on the stalk (though not so much the indicators wont work!).
Worked for a few months but not anymore:mad:
MOT in a few weeks so wondering if this will fail ?

Back