General Head lights

Currently reading:
General Head lights

Hi I have a fiat Punto Evo go 2010

When I put main beam on drivers side is dull and passenger side is bright. But when I use flash the drivers side works and passenger side goes out . Any help would be appreciated. I've checked connections

Hi I have a fiat Punto Evo go 2010

When I put main beam on drivers side is dull and passenger side is bright. But when I use flash the drivers side works and passenger side goes out . Any help would be appreciated. I've checked connections
I would check the earthing of those lights and also the bulb holder sockets for poor connection/burning etc.

Hi everyone thanks for taking time to read this.
could someone please tell me what each bulb is in mainlight head unit. So it's a w5w side light and a H4 mainlight but what is the other bulb and what is it's name.
indicator bulb is in bumper along with fog lights.
any help would be greatly appreciated

Hello,

Have you tried to check the owners' manual?

I don't own a punto, but I think they are high beam and low beam. Most probably the low beam is the one with the side light.

EDIT: wrong assumption probably. If the main light is a H4, then it has both low and high beam. So, the other should be the DRL.

Hi, I have a 2012, so the same build spec

The outer (old indicator location) is the DRL

Central is the H4(?). Main and Dip Headlight

Lower is the Sidelight /parking light bulb, press in style.. (I forget the term.. Often same as numberplate lights)

In 11 years and 75k, I have only needed the 1 x DRL bulb

So they are pretty durable

I also own the earlier GrandePunto, had to change Dip beam on that, lots of night driving..

Hope that makes sense

Hi again. So now I've replaced the passenger headlight unit. All lights work . Until I use the stalk to flash high beam. Nothing happens on drivers side but passenger side flashes as it should
All the bulbs are new. Any help please

Have you tested to see if you actually have power to the bulb that’s not working? I’ve fitted plenty of new bulbs out of the box that don’t work

The bulb works on normal beam but when I try.to use high.be nothing on drivers side but ok on passenger side
Reading back to the start of the thread the headlight bulbs are H4 which are twin filament bulbs so chances are the main beam filament isn’t working. Try swapping the bulb from the other side and see if it works then

Last edited:
Reading back to the start of the thread the headlight bulbs are H4 which are twin filament bulbs so chances are the main beam filament isn’t working. Try swapping the bulb from the other side and see if it works then
Will try cheers but I bought all new bulbs so can't see it been that

Right still stuck. So passenger side all bulbs work.
Drivers side when it's on low beam it seems to go to high beam. Then when I flash nothing happens. But when it's just side lights the high beam works. Somebody please help me out

Back