Having problems with your satnav. try this:

Currently reading:
Having problems with your satnav. try this:

Ok, i realise there are thousands of potential problems out there when it comes to satnav systems, but having worked with them for over 3 years, i have found that the majority of them can be fixed by pressing a couple of buttons.

so depending on your manurfacturer/unit here are some "insider" secrets (one of which i only learned last week) of how to do a FULL reset on a unit.

First up tomtom

TOMTOM ONE

on the tomtom one the reset button is quite obvious, if the unit freezes try prodding (gently) with a pin. the unit will reboot and hopefully problem solved...

if not, try turning the unit off then press and hold the power button AND the reset button for around 10 seconds, then power up the unit.

right now i cant remember how to get in to the maininance menu on tomtoms but i will add this info when i remember.

Tomtom 510/710/910

The same applies as above but the reset button is harder to find, to find it turn the unit upside down and find the gold pins that the mount hooks up to.

there will be a plastic rim to this with a notch taken out of it

-----u--

||||||||

The reset button is inside that notch, prod it with a pin.

Garmin

Now garmin have gone a slightly different way, they allow users to access the mainenence menu, and to be akward they changed how to do it on every single unit.

if i recal correctly;

steps 1 and 2 are the same

just change 3 depending on unit

1: turn off the unit
2: press the power button whilst at the same time pressing the:
3:
310d: bottom left corner of the screen
660: bottom right corner of the screen
510d: volume down button
200/250: bottom left corner of the screen

This will bring up the mainenence menu where you will be able to reset all the features of the unit. BE CAREFUL AS YOU COULD SERIOULSY DAMAGE YOUR UNIT BY PLAYING AROUND WITH THIS!!!

NAVMAN

similar to farmin navman use a maintinance menu system, to access it (on the f series and n series)
turn off the unit, the press and hold the menu button (looks something like this:)

{}[]
[][]

whilst holding that press the power button.

this will bring up the menu where you can reset everything propery as they do in the factory.

but again BE CAREFUL AS YOU COULD SERIOULSY DAMAGE YOUR UNIT BY PLAYING AROUND WITH THIS!!! I TAKE NO RESPONSABLITY FOR ANY DAMAGE!

i hope this helps you in some way,

i will update this when ever i hear any more (and remember the bits i've forgotten.. what can i say it's 2am...) (y)

Owen

Garmin Now garmin have gone a slightly different way said:
1:[/B] turn off the unit
2: press the power button whilst at the same time pressing the:
3:
310d: bottom left corner of the screen
660: bottom right corner of the screen
510d: volume down button
200/250: bottom left corner of the screen

This will bring up the mainenence menu where you will be able to reset all the features of the unit. BE CAREFUL AS YOU COULD SERIOULSY DAMAGE YOUR UNIT BY PLAYING AROUND WITH THIS!!!

For Garmin 200W its the bottom right of the screen (y)

TT XL has no reset button.
The unit needs to be turned off then press & hold the on/off button for about 15 seconds (way past the startup screen) and it resets the software without losing the extras (whereas using the reset icon with the unit on, removes all the nice extras you spent an age finding and downloading:mad:

A pity they can't incorporate all this useful info into the software rather than trying to tell you how to change the bloody spare wheel (do people really need a satnav telling them how to do this?)

Back