Technical Handbrake wiring diagram for a 1991 Fiat Talento/Ducato/similar

Currently reading:
Technical Handbrake wiring diagram for a 1991 Fiat Talento/Ducato/similar

dannygoesdiving

Hello and thankyou for accepting me as a new member.

I have a 1991 Hymer on a Fiat Talento (Ducato) chassis.

A Long-shot, but does anyone have a wiring diagram for the handbrake light of a 1991 Fiat talento/Ducato/similar ?

The brake light stays on (dim), when released.

The handbrake is OK, the fluid levels are OK, the brakes are OK and the step is OK.

I’m guessing its earthing/poor earth somewhere.

There are 2 wires (a yellow & a black) coming off the handbrake. The yellow goes to the panel (under seat) and then goes into a wiring loom (I’m guessing to the step ?).

The black wire goes towards the engine bay (I’m guessing leads to the brake fluid sensor ?)

I have lookes through the directory on this forum and did find a workshop manual, unfortunately it did not have what I am looking for.

Any suggestions or thoughts would be gratefully received.

Hello and thankyou for accepting me as a new member.

I have a 1991 Hymer on a Fiat Talento (Ducato) chassis.

A Long-shot, but does anyone have a wiring diagram for the handbrake light of a 1991 Fiat talento/Ducato/similar ?

The brake light stays on (dim), when released.

The handbrake is OK, the fluid levels are OK, the brakes are OK and the step is OK.

I’m guessing its earthing/poor earth somewhere.

There are 2 wires (a yellow & a black) coming off the handbrake. The yellow goes to the panel (under seat) and then goes into a wiring loom (I’m guessing to the step ?).

The black wire goes towards the engine bay (I’m guessing leads to the brake fluid sensor ?)

I have lookes through the directory on this forum and did find a workshop manual, unfortunately it did not have what I am looking for.

Any suggestions or thoughts would be gratefully received.
This seems to raise more questions than originally made.
The basic handbrake light circuit will consist of a ignition controlled supply to the warning bulb, with the bulb being earthed via a switch operated via the handbrake lever. The switch which is quite basic, will be closed when the handbake is on. On my Ducato, the switch is earthed via the handbrake mounting, so only one wire.

1. It is not clear as to whether the black and yellow wires are connected to the same, or different sides of the switch?

2. As suggeted there may also be a connection to the brake fluid level sensor. If the connector at the brake fluid reservoir is unplugged, this second source could be eliminated.

3. The purpose of the yellow wire is unkown, but a connection with step operation has been suggested. On the Hymer, does releasing the handbrake with ignition on, trigger retraction of a power operated step?

4. If the black and yellow wires are paralleled at the step, can the be separated for elimination?

Back