General GSR kit & full ss exhaust and remap on 1.2 Sporting??

Currently reading:
General GSR kit & full ss exhaust and remap on 1.2 Sporting??

probably be seing over 100bhp. Mezzy G was lucky enough to reach 100bhp from jsut the GSR kit and the Re-map for it. so im guessing if set up with a full s/s exhaust (i guess your meaning supersprint) then possibly more.

i was told that someone on the forum had a mk2 sporting RR'ed at 119bhp from exhaust, GSR induction kit and remap :chin:

im sketchy on this, cos i have no idea who, and info was 2nd hand.

pretty good going though! thats about what im aiming for, too :D

Last edited:
nope, it was jamesMK2 and a 1242 16v ;)

EDIT: oh, he had minor head work and raised compression as well, that explains it.

going by consensus on another forum, about 100 average, maybe +/- 10

with full supersprint everything and GSR kit.

Last edited:
I respect you guys for trying ideas out of the box, however wouldnt your money be better spent elsewhere? By saying this im not having a go, I had a high boost cinq at one point and it was the best thing since slices bread, however the same engine in a punto just wouldnt be the same due to weight.

My personal way of doing things would be to put the biggest engine available into the car and use that as a base to start engine work from. This way you get the best possible gains for a lot less money.

I respect you guys for trying ideas out of the box, however wouldnt your money be better spent elsewhere? By saying this im not having a go, I had a high boost cinq at one point and it was the best thing since slices bread, however the same engine in a punto just wouldnt be the same due to weight.

My personal way of doing things would be to put the biggest engine available into the car and use that as a base to start engine work from. This way you get the best possible gains for a lot less money.

A 1.2 16v handles much better than an HGT. The HGT can only be realistically tuned in excess of 150bhp with spending a lot of money on.

To get serious power out of a 1242 money needs to be spent too, but it will be cheaper than trying the same on a HGT.

Unlikely IMO. A exhaust even as good as a supersprint won't see a 10bhp again on a N/A car.

why do you say that?

a backbox alone gives 3-4 bhp alone and the manifold and sportscat will give another 7-8.

i remember someone saying that the punto backboxes are crap thats why it gives good gains

a 1.4 sporting like yours chris should get 130 bhp from gsr kit and full SS system its been proved i think

TBH the sporting backbox IS crap (that, or mine was blocked slightly) because even though its just a backbox, i really did notice better top-end in my car.

and usually im the first to slag off this kind of talk as chav BS ;)

and though a full system wont give relatively that much, the gains when mapped will be greater.

that is, if we are talking about a full manifold-back system :chin:

Last edited:
Im in the same boat here aswell , ive got the look sorted on my car just need to start tuning it ....but the only problem is the cost of the exhaust system.

At the last rr day i went to, a 1.2 sporting with a gsr induction kit and a supersprint exhaust system got remaped to 104 bhp .

A m8 of mine thought of a cheaper way than gettin the full exhaust system...... Replacing the mk2 manifold with a mk1 manifold as u can decat the mk 1 and stik a nice back box on it, Would that work ?

Back