Technical Grande Punto Bootlight Wiring

Currently reading:
Technical Grande Punto Bootlight Wiring

johnlad27

Powered By Bass!
Hi,

I took my Boot apart on Thursday to try and find out why the Bootlighht doesn't come on. I took the latch out by undoing the two bolts that hold it in place, and gave the pin connector on the back as good lashing of Electrical Cleaner. Now i put everything back in its original place and just today whenever i acclerate, the symbol of the doors open on the speedo flashes intermittantly whatever gear or speed im doing. What could it be as i was only in the boot latch area.?????

Many Thanks
John

Anyone??. Ive taken it all out again and cleaned it up, checked for shorting out wires, none at all. Put all back together, disconnected battery, re connected, and now car doesn't lock. Anyone got any idea?

stick it on a radiator for a couple of hours (y)

if that doesnt work its new boot catch time

if i remember correctly if you unplug the boot catch wiring loom it should stay locked and enable you to lock your car you then cant open the boot unless you fold the seats down and press the catch

(might want to try it before you unplug it ;) )

Thanks Andy, least someone got in touch with me. Well i ordered a new catch of eBay, for £24.99 brand new. Should be here next week. Just hope it will stop the lights on the dashboard flashing at me. Managed to get car to lock last night, just locked the latch, slammed the boot and pressed the key and it adjusted itself. But something isnt right for it to flash on then off all time. I wondered if the wiring pin connector was loose??

no it will be the dreaded water in teh boot trait of the GP

water and mouisture will have got into the latch mechanism and corroded the microswitch which works the boot light and boot open light

when you try and lock the car i will think the boot is open and do the door open indicator flash

Its the weekend! people are out, doing weekend stuff and spending time with family not spending all weekend on a car forum.

If you searched or looked back through the threads you will of seen this topic (and cure) has been asked before on numerous occasions.

I have been doing the exact same actully, and posting this i thought someone would get in touch abit sooner. I did search though the previous threads on this and couldn't find anything, hence the thread i posted.

And he would have found they are only £20 from fiat.
Never mind problem solved.

£20 you having a laugh, my local dealer wanted £33.23 plus vat.

Back