General Grande Punto Abarth

Currently reading:
General Grande Punto Abarth

Badger_Benji

Was at my local fiat dealers this morning, trying to collect some spare parts, they had the new punto there, so was having a look round, and the sales guy comes over any we get talking, so I ask him if they are making another hgt or gt, and he replies with no, they are going better, they are making an abarth version, four wheel drive, and packing 220 - 240 bhp, available next year mid summer time, now thats good news. A scooby slayer from fiat (y)

Punto_280_bhp.jpg

man have you had your eyes shut, we can't stop talking about it,

hopefully I will win at least £15 grand on the lottery to afford it + £2k a year to insure it, and if I ever did get one, I would probably never use this internet again , wouldn't stop driving it, even when the pricks at the fiat dealers attempt to service it, just drag them behind me LOL:rolleyes:

seriously though, its going to put fiat well and truly back in the frame, :slayer:

Badger_Benji said:
A scooby slayer from fiat (y)

yeah there has been quite alot of talk about this, it does look nice! I would like 1... we'll have to see when they come out. But there not out till end of 2007/early 2008 - well im sure thats what i remember from various articles! and as for scooby slayer i dnt fink its quite in the same league personally as the new scoobies have 300+ bhp ;)

1.8Stilo said:
yeah there has been quite alot of talk about this, it does look nice! I would like 1... we'll have to see when they come out. But there not out till end of 2007/early 2008 - well im sure thats what i remember from various articles! and as for scooby slayer i dnt fink its quite in the same league personally as the new scoobies have 300+ bhp ;)

And the Punto probably has half the weight ;)

There is also (apparently) a diesel Abarth model coming out with silly amounts of bhp & torque (y)

i still dont fink it'll touch it as the scooby will have another 100bhp over it, come off it m8 :)

its more in the league of things like the focus st, vauxhall astra vxr, clio sport, john cooper works mini, seat leon cupra r, etc,etc....

EDIT: i know you could probaly tune it to slightly catch up with the scooby, but then if you tuned the scooby it still p*** all over it! Not that it wont go like stink anyway, cos it will!

Last edited:
H2DaE said:
Think about the price aswell, the Abarth is rumoured to be about 15k, how much is an Impreza? ;)

I have a real soft spot for the impreza, even though its abit of a chav car now adays! With a price tag or £30k though (n)

I fink the grande abarth, will be anstonishing power for the money (y) and i would more likely buy 1 of these than an impreza :cool:

but there is still no real comparison between the two im afraid! :rolleyes:

FOund another picture of the new grande punoto abarth
8454.jpg

When I was still working @ the local fiat dealer, this was just released:

officialpuntorally1.jpeg

our head sales man saw it, and ordered a fully white punto, and brought it to a sticker compagny with lot's of photo's of this car.
We where the only fiat dealer ship in the Netherlands to have a 1.2 punto looking like the rally car.
It was an asome looking thing, but it ate a front shock every 2 months, becouse they went overboard with the lowering, and not replacing the original shocks..

Wow the pics look good, thanks for finding those peeps, didnt realise we had so many subapoo closet fans on here :p The reason i made that comparison, is because it should be alot lighter than an imprezza. Im just pleased we are going to have such a great performance car back in the fiat range. Its nice to see the abarth back being more than a bodykit.

Dutchie said:
FOund another picture of the new grande punoto abarth
8454.jpg

When I was still working @ the local fiat dealer, this was just released:

officialpuntorally1.jpeg

our head sales man saw it, and ordered a fully white punto, and brought it to a sticker compagny with lot's of photo's of this car.
We where the only fiat dealer ship in the Netherlands to have a 1.2 punto looking like the rally car.
It was an asome looking thing, but it ate a front shock every 2 months, becouse they went overboard with the lowering, and not replacing the original shocks..

WOW now thats what I call a nice BUTT:p :D just thinking wouldnt it be nice if fiat brought out a Punto/Stilo to match the likes of scooby ST/etc with Italian styling And sooooper car performance it would IMO a dead cert seller in the UK :hug:

Guys I hate to spoil the fun but it's not decided yet if Fiat is going to release it. There is big talk going round at the moment that they might launch the car as the new Lancia Delta in late 2007 and use it to go rallying and as a flagship for a re-launch of Lancia into the UK. The Punto Abarth is being spoke of as the diesel one but without the big kit :(

Mind you either way we win, if we get the Punto Woohoo and if we get a Lancia integrale an even bigger woohoo.:worship:

The latest news I got today from the factory is that the petrol turbos will not come. The Abarth version will we a 1.9l sequential turbo Diesel with a power output of 190bhp....up to the time when Fiat changes its plans again.

Back