Technical Grande Punto 2010 Warning lights no FPS

Currently reading:
Technical Grande Punto 2010 Warning lights no FPS

Jmre

Fiat Grande Punto warning lights and No FPS but drives fine?

I have a Fiat Grande Punto 2010 which has been fine since I bought it with no warning lights etc. However recently ‘No FPS’ has appeared on the dash along with yellow triangle with exclamation mark, airbag warning light and passenger airbag light along with driver seatbelt warning light. All of these came on simultaneously. I have took it to a garage and they checked with OBD reader however could not find the issue.

Does anybody know what this could be? The MOT is due in November so I need to fix asap

Attachments

• E88BC093-C2C8-4F10-8038-6C583EBD4EBF.png
    E88BC093-C2C8-4F10-8038-6C583EBD4EBF.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 867
OBD scanners not specifically Fiat aligned dont always pick up faults. ECU Scan by gendan seems to work best if you can get access. If not I would pay a Fiat garage for a scan even if the cost annoys! Check the list of ECU scan members offering help in your location.

OBD scanners not specifically Fiat aligned dont always pick up faults. ECU Scan by gendan seems to work best if you can get access. If not I would pay a Fiat garage for a scan even if the cost annoys! Check the list of ECU scan members offering help in your location.
Where can I buy a gendan scanner from? I have messaged some members with a MES scanner however have got not replies

Hi

Where are you based ?

I didnt have up to date MES licence..

Only does my 2012 punto.. but not my 2013.. others with limitations like me wont be on the register.
But can read 12 years old Italian cars ok
(y)

Charlie - near the M4
Hi,
I’m based in Leeds I have a 2010 Grande punto

Well have you searched the forums for similar threads? Based on the warning lights alone, it appears that the problem may be with the airbag ecu (crash computer). Sometimes on some Puntos people have been able to fix it by soldering the bad airbag connector under the seat. However it may not be the case this time and the airbag ecu needs to be changed. To know for sure you need advanced diagnostics done to the car and it's a lot cheaper to even go to the main dealer with this issue. Let them do the diagnostics and tell you what needs to be done and then search for cheaper options like refurbished airbag ecus or get the old one fixed somehow if it is the issue.

If the main dealer diagnosed the issue correctly, it would cost a lot less. The MOT is due November well.. maybe he's got the time to play with it anyway. The airbag parts cost quite a lot of money so they should get it right the first time. :unsure:

Well have you searched the forums for similar threads? Based on the warning lights alone, it appears that the problem may be with the airbag ecu (crash computer). Sometimes on some Puntos people have been able to fix it by soldering the bad airbag connector under the seat. However it may not be the case this time and the airbag ecu needs to be changed. To know for sure you need advanced diagnostics done to the car and it's a lot cheaper to even go to the main dealer with this issue. Let them do the diagnostics and tell you what needs to be done and then search for cheaper options like refurbished airbag ecus or get the old one fixed somehow if it is the issue.
Hi could you link me to the thread you mentioned about soldering? I can’t find it thanks

I have cured lights on a renault by soldering the wires under the front seats. Its also subject of other threads. I think the connectors can work loose and it seemed to me no amount of fiddling with the plugs worked. On most car (air bags having for years been a common component) have a yellow wiring plug under the seat. If you decide to try this, disconnect the battery first and give the car half an hour for all the components to discharge completely. I cut the plugs out as close to the connectoras possible and slipped some heatshrink on one side of each wire, then soldered the cut ends together. Heat the shrink wrap to insulate the wires. Check you have enough slack in the wires before cutting or you may find you have to add an extra piece into each one which would double the work. On myLaguna the light never came back on. I would do the drivers seat first as the seat gets most use and disturbance and see if this does the trick before tackling the second seat. Its a fiddly task and you need an elctric soldering iron and ideallya plumber flame prrof mat for preference.

Earlier Puntos and Stilos had this issue with the wiring and I'm not sure if the same fault exist on GPs. Most airbag faults are not DIY jobs so you'd better find a good garage that knows airbag faults or go to the main dealer. Either way it's going to have a cost and be prepared to book the car in for the repairs in time because they do have queues. Diagnostics with MES would give better clues where to start but you'd also need to be able to interpret the data properly. That's why it has a cost and these things can be repaired. (y)

Kontrolky Fiat Grande Punto a žádné FPS, ale jezdí dobře?

Mám Fiat Grande Punto 2010, který je v pořádku od té doby, co jsem ho koupil, bez výstražných kontrolek atd. Nedávno se však na přístrojové desce objevilo „Žádné FPS“ spolu se žlutým trojúhelníkem s vykřičníkem, kontrolkou airbagu a kontrolkou airbagu spolujezdce spolu s řidičem výstražná kontrolka bezpečnostního pásu. Všechny se objevily současně. Vzal jsem to do garáže a zkontrolovali to pomocí čtečky OBD, ale problém nenašli.

Nevíte někdo co by to mohlo být? STK má termín v listopadu, takže to musím co nejdříve opravit

Kontrolky Fiat Grande Punto a žádné FPS, ale jezdí dobře?

Mám Fiat Grande Punto 2010, který je v pořádku od té doby, co jsem ho koupil, bez výstražných kontrolek atd. Nedávno se však na přístrojové desce objevilo „Žádné FPS“ spolu se žlutým trojúhelníkem s vykřičníkem, kontrolkou airbagu a kontrolkou airbagu spolujezdce spolu s řidičem výstražná kontrolka bezpečnostního pásu. Všechny se objevily současně. Vzal jsem to do garáže a zkontrolovali to pomocí čtečky OBD, ale problém nenašli.

Nevíte někdo co by to mohlo být? STK má termín v listopadu, takže to musím co nejdříve opravit

Dobrý den, vyřešili jste nějak tento problém s noFPS? Od včerejška mám stejný problém, auto mám Fiat Grande Punto 2010 -1,2,8V 48kw, najeto jen 45000 km, mám ho od nového, jezdím jen v létě Prosím o radu, nic zoxidovaného nemám...

Attachments

• IMG_20231020_183514.jpg
    IMG_20231020_183514.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 41
Dobrý den, vyřešili jste nějak tento problém s noFPS? Od včerejška mám stejný problém, auto mám Fiat Grande Punto 2010 -1,2,8V 48kw, najeto jen 45000 km, mám ho od nového, jezdím jen v létě Prosím o radu, nic zoxidovaného nemám...

Hello, did you somehow solve this problem with noFPS? I've had the same problem since yesterday, my car is a Fiat Grande Punto 2010 -1,2,8V 48kw, I've only driven 45,000 km, I've had it since new, I only drive in the summer, I'm asking for advice, I don't have anything oxidized...

I only drive in the summer, I'm asking for advice, I don't have anything oxidized...
Yes you do! Use your car whole year. If it's sitting unused during winter it will corrode the wiring for example.
Main ground/earth. Plus discharge the battery. These are the very first things to check, rule out.
Then rest of the wiring, plugs, connectors. Under the bonnet, but inside the car too (Body computer, airbag module etc., bad connections, cracked solder joints).
Fuel cut-off switch (some cars don't have it, some do).

Back