Technical GP 1.2 Starting problems

Currently reading:
Technical GP 1.2 Starting problems

Hi all.

My GP seems to be having strange starting problems. This morning, while leaving to work (8'C in the garage, so not too cold yet), I tried to start, at first it seemed as if it was going to start as usual. I could already hear it starting and then just a "whining".
Turned off the ignition couple of times and retried - again whining.
Made then a longer start, maybe 10-15 secs, and with bit of accelerator, I was finally able to start it.

The car is a '09 and at just under 19k miles.

any warning come up on display??happened to me couple times with warnings on display such as "airbag failure, turn off engine", "exceed liquid temper, turn off engine" etc. the engine won't start when it happen, but they just gone after a few attempt to start the engine and the car back to normal until now, i never fix it... i think it was computer error.

maybe check your battery, or starter motor..

hi i'm having starting problems too with my GP T-JET, i'll go out in the morning and turn the key all lights show up on dashboard and stereo comes on heater fires up but then no life when i go to start her. the starter motor doesn't even make a noise. i've replaced the battery and the next day still the same thing. it's in the fiat garage today to see if he knows whats wrong with her but looking at these forums looks like fiat ain't got a clue either. anybody else got this problem??????

Back