Got a MR2 Turbo last night

Currently reading:
Got a MR2 Turbo last night

And omfg... it's completely utterly insane :eek:

Max boost is ~3,500 revs compared to my turbo cinq (only other turbo car i've owned) which had max boost from about 1,800 revs... But once it comes on boost it's a complete monster!

Now see why CrazyDave loved his MR2 so much :devil: :slayer:

And omfg... it's completely utterly insane :eek:

Max boost is ~3,500 revs compared to my turbo cinq (only other turbo car i've owned) which had max boost from about 1,800 revs... But once it comes on boost it's a complete monster!

Now see why CrazyDave loved his MR2 so much :devil: :slayer:

I saw one the other day at tesco... Unfortnaly the crankshaft bearing shells were on the way out and it was knocking like no ones business :(. He was still ragging the hell out of it :doh:. Had a nice tssh'er on it although you could bearly hear it over the engine knocking :rolleyes:.

Told you, you'd end up getting the turbo eventually!! :D

Remember and take car of it.

Ross

I saw one the other day at tesco... Unfortnaly the crankshaft bearing shells were on the way out and it was knocking like no ones business :(. He was still ragging the hell out of it :doh:. Had a nice tssh'er on it although you could bearly hear it over the engine knocking :rolleyes:.

lol first i went to look at was knocking like mad when cold and quiet once warmed up... guy said it was because of blowing exhaust :nutter: lol

just remember what happened to CrazyDave, be carefull

He got someone go into back of him iirc?

Told you, you'd end up getting the turbo eventually!! :D

Remember and take car of it.

Ross

Yeah i know :eek: at the time though was in long distance relationship so wasnt really a viable option :p

where are the pictures?! :p

i'm sure everyone said that to him!!

(alex take note: we're right ;) )

Yeah you were right but see above point :p

Pics will come sometime soon, need to take some but is dark when leave for work and get home atm :( :p

Absolutely love it though overall :)

edit: pic from guy selling it :p

car7.jpg

will do full MM thread with pics tomorrow afternoon prob :D

Last edited:
looks nice mate just be sensible with it, i saw a bloke in a multistory car park with one the other day driving like a complete tit, next day i saw it smashed into sign in the middle of a roundabout :tosser:

Last edited:
Nice one Alex, yep you are now up in my books tubby whoop whoop :eek: ye got slammed into ;) off work seven month because of it :( miss the MR2, they are insane, just what a motor should be :D be careful :slayer:

absolutely detest those :nono: serve no useful purpose as the design of mr2 is to take air in the side vents and up out of the engine cover... also the reason the toms scoops worked originally was because they were sealed units with sealed induction kits hooked up to the end of the scoop :)

but really dont like them :eek:

Back