Seicento Good evening

Currently reading:
Seicento Good evening

3234dmtr

New here on this forum. Driving a 2013 Škoda Octavia company car but, most important, also an 2003 Fiat Seicento 1.1. There is not much information about this little Fiat to find in Holland, but a lot on this forum. So here I am...:slayer:

Just a plain metallic blue Seicento, no special markings like 'SX' or something like that on it. The headlights are having electrical height adjustment on them. I've spent 5 hours on last sunday just to replace the brake shoes and cilinders on the back, because the car failed the APK ( MOT ). One of the bolts on the left brake cilinder was seized and I had to remove the hub and the brake holder plate just to remove this particular bolt. Well, long story short... The opposite side ( right ) was done within one hour. And to finish it off, I replaced the brake fluid and bled the whole system. Now the handbrake is a bit too tight, so that's the next thing to do, to loosen this up. Wish I had a little more spare time..:(

Goedemiddag Ouby, thanks for your useful reply. Our Seicento has definitely no rubber linings on the doors, just a small piece of rubber. Soon I'll try to post some pictures of the car.(y)

Spent some time again on the little Fiat. The right rear brake pipe became leaky at the junction after changing the brake cylinder. I've noticed this after some hard braking to test the brakes of the car. Just a very small drop of fluid showed up after these brake tests. And it came back after cleaning it up. So I just phoned the local dealership to ask if they could provide me this brake pipe. And, surprise, they could. It is a genuine spare part, already bent and ready to fit. It turned out that you have to bend it a little more to make a perfect fit on the car. Mounted it this morning and bled the right rear brake cylinder. Now it stays dry at the 2 junctions.(y)
BTW: Part nr: 51790426. And open ring spanners are a must-have for this kind of jobs.:eek:

Back