Technical Glow Plugs removal on 1.3 Mjet 95cv

Currently reading:
Technical Glow Plugs removal on 1.3 Mjet 95cv

Alex Be

Hi everyone, sorry to bother you with another question regarding Glow Plugs removal, but I’ve searched extensively and I’ve found answers only for other versions of this engine.

I’m seeking help for a 1.3 Mjet 95cv, euro6 specs, 2017 model.

No problems at all removing and replacing Plugs One, Two and Four.
But number Three is a nightmare.

I would post a couple pictures to better explain but I don’t have the minimum number of posts.. so I’m gonna try to describe what’s going on.

So number Three is right behind of the turbocharger. Once removed the turbo heatshield it’s an easy job to get the Plug unscrewed, but now starts the nightmare.
Once unscrewed I can’t find a way to get it out!
No way at all keeping it nearly vertical (I would say “the normal way”) like the other three, so I tried getting it out below the turbocharger.
It seems to work initially but in the end it get stuck for something like 2 millimetres. There is a thing in the way that seems to be the Waste Gate actuator.

Any tips? Any help? It was a piece of cake in the older versions, I really can’t believe that in the last version you have to remove the turbocharger to replace a damn Glow Plug…. I (want to) believe I’m missing something..

Back