Technical Gear linkage alignment

Currently reading:
Technical Gear linkage alignment

Just got a multipla diesel 115 elx
Love it so far and have been lurking on this forum for a while.
I plan on cleaning both the maf sensor and the erg valve even tho power seems fine (only getting 33 mpg on de clock)

Any way my question fir the moment is if there is a guide to setting up he gear linkage as it feels slightly out in that it's a but slow to change gears but maybe thus is the nature of the box
Cheers
Marty.

Maybe I want too clear here.
I'm wondering if there is a procedure for ensuring the cables are adjusted correctly.
I know on my focus you could lock the gear stick in a position using a 3mm drill bit and ensure thebix was in neutral..the selectors could be adjusted then so they just slip on

Cheers
Marty.

I've read the stuff in oiling up the pedal and the arm on the box so I'll give that a go...it's nit actually bad just could be better!!

Check gearbox oil level, there's a couple of threads on here about which hex plug is the fill level. Worth doing as Multi gearboxes can lose oil through the shaft seals and destroy themselves.
Not aware of any linkage alignment procedure, to get to the gearbox you'll need to remove the battery and it's tray, the gearbox linkage is then accessible.
If you disconnect the linkages and tried moving the gearlever, this should indicate whether the fault is worn cables or gearbox related.

Back