General FYI: Wheeler Dealers next Monday

Currently reading:
General FYI: Wheeler Dealers next Monday

I bid £800 when it was still silver. :(

I went up to £1000!

I may do a lookey-likey paint job on LVJ and pass it off as a Weelie Deelie LTD edition!

Funny but I don't want to watch them ruin it after seeing it in its original condition :(

Well I did watch it and just felt sorry for the car.

Liked the blink and you'll miss it credit to Andy and Gavin - now which one of you suggested the stupid paint?

Last edited:
I went up to £1000!

I may do a lookey-likey paint job on LVJ and pass it off as a Weelie Deelie LTD edition!

Funny but I don't want to watch them ruin it after seeing it in its original condition :(

Liked the blink and you'll miss it credit to Andy and Gavin - now which one of you suggested the stupid paint?

£1300 for the base one...! Is that really what they are worth?

Edit:

Ok finished it now, where are Andy and Gavin? I thought you guys were interviewed for it?

I must have blinked - was it there?! In the rush of credits at the end I guess!

Yes afraid so. Panda 4x4 projects are starting at £600 (if you're unlucky) and this one looked like up to £1500 worth (wasn't that good in reality). Prices are a bit variable, but a few of the best have sold for £4000. :eek:

No, plenty of advice and help - I was told Andy's help was invaluable - but no interviews. Can't have Andy's knowledge getting in the way of a good story! ;)

I went up to £1000!

Did you notice the advert for Colour when he was looking through the car and classics site (y)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 50
Just watched it and I have to say I liked what they did with it apart from the paint which wasn't my sort of thing but I can understand why they did it, I was genuinely astonished at its off road capabilities... i'd love to own a nice one.

HOW MUCH!!!!!!!!

someone is dreaming like. I love the car, think its a great cheap way to get into greenlining or offroadering but I recon this car is worth about £5-600 tops.

I noticed the door too, but did anyone else notice the oil covered engine too??? I know it was prod just a cam cover gasket but still, that a cheap fix that SHOULD have been highlighted in my opinion.

When you look closer to the engine bay and compare how it was when Mike had first look and how it looks on photos taken by Andy4x4 yesterday, there are several difference:
new master cylinder, different dizzy body and vaccum unit, hot air intake plate above ex. manifold, timming cover, rear air box section - i would bet the engine was sourced from Panda killer as well as doors.

Not to mention the tyres and cost when they have done the break down list of spendings. Corect me if i'm wrong but the list tells £200 for tyres @ £50 each, and there are actually 6 tyres with the car.

Definately this WD episode did provoke some panda4x4 discusion on other forums as well, i wonder what effect it going to have on the 4x4 scene.

Back