General full use at last

Currently reading:
General full use at last

My cinq that I got on mid december, is now fully on the road after me doing some jobs on it, and using another car in the meantime.

Have to say it goes really well, very nippy and superb to steer, starts and stops and expected, my other half drove it and liked it too, she is used to a rover 214

My only complaint is that its noisy over bumps, on country roads and especially pot holes, the car is only a 49,000 miler so could suspsension still be tight? or is that the nature of the car anyway?

Car takes a while to warm up looking at the temp gauge, heater works ok though and is hot, and the car runs at about 80deg constant, taking quite a logn time to get to 90 when the fan kicks in repeatedly.

Next couple of days will see two new front tyres, and then very soon a mckrich chip being ordered to help the annoying flat spot.

Last edited:
Glad you've finally got it on the road(y)
Mine is bangy and crashy, road conditions are hilarious down here, not sure what happens to my road tax:rolleyes:
I reckon it's cos you're not insulated from the road very much so all the road noise is transmitted to you from all the bare metal around you.
Must be even more noticable after the soft padded world of a Rover 214!

It ain't a roller so you gotta expect some noise and harshness plus 99% are pish.

Imagine then Arc with his Spax fully adjusted to solid!

Liam

depends what you mean by noisy mines done 56k and i rekon it was only ever owned by lady drivers and mines noisy on pot holes and stuff so i rekon the rear arm bushes are gone!!

dont go to fiat they charge for a new arm just buy some off ebay

how long should it normally take to warm up? my other halfs rover 214 gets to temp within a mile, but this cinq takes a few, it runs fine when it is warming though, and stays warm when it gets there.

I had a totally flat battery the other week, my own fault I left inspection lamp on it all night, it was that flat the ignition light would not come on, now I am thinking the ecu might of reset when it was flat, cos now after 200 miles of driving it feels slightly different, and the exhaust note is different too, mostly noticable at idle. Or maybe I just didnt notice it before.

Will be getting a mckrich chip soon, to hopefully cure the annoying flat spot - do they all have that?

Mine did, apparently some do, some don't, the mckrich is superb VFM, really can't recommend it enough. Once you've got through the learning part, which on mine seems to be about 75-100 miles, it's really noticable. Mine before chip didn't really pull until about 3.5k, post chip it pulls from 2-2.5 which makes it alot nicer to drive in rush hour.

Back