fuel injection light

Currently reading:
fuel injection light

G

Giovanni

7 years and 6 mechanics ranging from a novice to a Fiat dealer NONE can fix my car !
Bravo 1.6 100 2000 X reg petrol.

The injection light comes on and the car runs like its on 2 cylinders then it cuts in and drives normally.

Another time it fails to start at all but after a few hours standing it works ?

Some part in the car tells the engine to work and sometimes it tells it not to work.

WHICH COMPONENT IS IT ????

Not the ECU or PLUGS or LEADS or COILS or INJECTOR..

Does any one know without guessing please.

Did you do a diagnostic check when the light was ON?
Second it sounds like the camshaft position sensor or crankshaft position sensor.
But one other Q, how does the engine temp. react - jumpy or normal movement when heating up.

sven3.jpg

Members Site ---------My Site

It was tested when car was running (light out)and also when it was not.(light on)There is no flag up or indication that something is wrong. All other gauges run normal.
This morning it failed to start.an hour later it was working ?
The ECU has not been reset.I might go down that road next.

The car runs with light on, badly.
All plugs work all injectors work all leads work as normal when this happens.then after a while "it" cuts in and the car runs normal .

Sounds stupid but check the battery terminal. I had no end of problems with mine with the engine light coming on. Just turned out to be the negative was a bit loose! Worth a try.

John

Check all the earthing points, old Lancia Thema's used to suffer from a similar fault, turned out to be an earthing strap on the rear of the engine block.

You peeps are wonderful,thanks for the sound advice,strangely enough I found the negative clamp on the battery loose today so lets see if that works...

Started this morning after tightening the battery terminal.I would like to think thats it.However every Saturday I shop at Tesco 4 miles away I park up do my shop and yep the fuel injector lights up it takes two thirds of the journey home to cut in...amazing car huh.You couldnt make it up !!
Watch this space.

Make sure it is pretty damn tight too. The connector on mine had become really soft and so wouldn't tighten up sufficiently. I bought a new one for about £5 and that solved all the problems :) I had wasted money on diagnostic tests and changing various sensors before I worked it out!

John

I have a good feeling about this already she feels more responsive and slightly more power,

Dont want to tempt fate John but its been ok so far the big test is on saturday in Tescos car park.
Always without fail it plays up !!

Every day this week I have had no trouble getting to and from work.Until I went shopping !!!

The good news is, it cut in after four mins.

I am now going to change the Lambda....

Had LAMBDA sensor fitted by FIAT got down the road switched off switched on after 10 mins and STILL the light comes on.!!???

Went to a mobile mechanic changed crank sensor,coil pack and battery.car now goes to tesco and everywhere else.Took 4 years to figure that out......THE END ?

was probably the crank sensor at fault,doubt the other's you mentioned would have caused it.Sometimes if theres no power it can be down to the knock sensorr or crank sensor if you will. or even lambda sensor,but that sometimes effects idleing / stalling when coming to a stop or junctions