General fuel filter/pump

Currently reading:
General fuel filter/pump

gvmllr

hi all me again..lol...right i would like to know were the fuel filter is on a punto mk 2..ive read that to replace this part i would have to replace the fuel pump as its one piece..is this correct..could somebody point me in the right place as to were it is and is it a hard job to replace..also does anybody have a picture or two to show me as im not very good with cars..thanks.

its a mk2 fingers,the car still cutting out on me then im waiting about 3 mins before it starts again. can the fuel pump/filter be changed on it..

hi fingers i sourced a fuel pump this morning from someone who breaks puntos(£10),got it fitted at 10 this morning,been all over and the car hasnt conked out on me...yippppeeeee..anyway when we took the old pump out the retaining ring that keeps it secure was snapped and had some masking tape around it..so i think it may well have been the pump making my car stall on me.must have been replaced before by someone whos not that clever.so far so good. wait see what tomorow brings me when i go out in it. thanks for the help.

well fitted new fuel pump for the car to run all day with no problems,then next day started conking out on me.i thought to myself what am i going to change now..so i decided to change the spark plugs,and would you credit it. its been 4 days,5 days tomorow and its never conked out once..touch wood.running great. the plugs i took out were rotton. its another engine from a breakers yard so i would immagine that they may never have been changed. anyway fingers crossed it stays running. ill have to get the timing belt done next as i dont know when it was changed. anyway guys thanks for all your help.

hi ziggy yeah i understand what your saying there mate,ive changed the leads and plugs and it hasnt cut out on me(YET)..lol anyway done plugs on wed i think so nearly a week.my mate said that he couldnt understand how the plugs would make the car cut out..i had a vauxhall astra a few years ago and looking back it done the same.i changed the plugs and it was fine..so hopefully the new plugs and leads have fixed the problem..

Back