Technical Front wipers getting stuck

Currently reading:
Technical Front wipers getting stuck

rs82kent

Hi there am new to the forum, my wife has a 54 plate panda, and here front wipers are very sluggish at best they seem to struggle to make it across the windscreen at worst they dont even budge and sometimes they just get stuck in the middle.
I have seen a guide on here for cleaning grease out of a punto motor is there anything different to look out for on the panda?

Thanks in advance

Getting the plastic off was fine but there was a bit of tarp like material over the housing that was a real pain to get off

Getting the plastic off was fine but there was a bit of tarp like material over the housing that was a real pain to get off

glad you sorted it, (y)
( don't suppose you took any pics?)

so it was a "constipated motor" , rather than worn bushes/ mechanism..?,
usually it's the reciprocating mechanism / frame that get's badly worn, ;)( on the Punto)
charlie

I havent sorted it yet had to hurridly put it back together as the heavens opened last night when i was looking at it.

I had a very similar thing with my last Panda. I would take the motor out, clean it up and it would work for a day or so then do it again. I was (slightly) barking up the wrong tree - there was a dry solder joint in the small circuit board where the wires from the connector go to the motor. Resoldered it and it was fine.

Getting the motor out is easy enough, if fiddly. Think I'd got it down to in and out within a couple of minutes by the end!

Back