General Front Washer and Wiper (2008 Bravo)

Currently reading:
General Front Washer and Wiper (2008 Bravo)

pello316

Can someone help me track down the source of the problem and advise on the best part/s to repair the bravo myself?
Here is the issue:-
When i pull the right hand stalk on the steering wheel, it should activate the front wipers and washers. However nothing happens
The Rear wiper and washer work perfectly when you push the stalk.
Also the front wipers work perfectly in normal opperation.

Thanks in advance guys. Cheers David

Try pulling the rh stalk two times in quick succession. My bravo washer has always done this first time of use on the day . I presume for some reason the pipework drains, but I have never solved it, so I continue to give two pulls.

Also check all pipe work in the engine bay. The pipe for my rear washer had popped off from the rest of the pipe quite close to the battery meaning that when I tried to spray the rear screen, it just drenched my battery instead! Not good! Interestingly, unless water gets through to the screen, the wipers will not operate.

This is strange yesterday whilst driving along i held the stick in the spray position and it suddenly sprang into action.
This morning again it wasnt working untill my car warmed up.
Could this be a cold weather issue?
and if so what is the fix?

This is strange yesterday whilst driving along i held the stick in the spray position and it suddenly sprang into action.
This morning again it wasnt working untill my car warmed up.
Could this be a cold weather issue?
and if so what is the fix?

New switch, as T said a couple of posts ago. You clearly have a dodgy contact on the front wash/wipe, somewhere between "works perfectly" and "doesn't work at all".

1) Remove airbag
2) Remove steeering wheel
3) Remove old wiper/washer/lights switch unit
4) fit new switches................

Ideally you should get a garage to do this for you, because of the airbag. I believe removing the airbag will leave 2 puncture marks in your steering wheel. Best done with the right tools by someone who knows what they are doing, to minimise the damage.

New switch, as T said a couple of posts ago. You clearly have a dodgy contact on the front wash/wipe, somewhere between "works perfectly" and "doesn't work at all".

1) Remove airbag
2) Remove steeering wheel
3) Remove old wiper/washer/lights switch unit
4) fit new switches................

Ideally you should get a garage to do this for you, because of the airbag. I believe removing the airbag will leave 2 puncture marks in your steering wheel. Best done with the right tools by someone who knows what they are doing, to minimise the damage.
Regards to airbag removal. Removed mine recently. Was rather easy. A thin flat head screwdriver slides through. It leaves a little mark either side of the steering wheel. But the positioning of it means you never see it. The connections to the airbag are fiddle as hell so watch for those. And also play it safe. Disconnect the battery for at least 10 minutes before hand.

I took my car to the garage yesterday to check out the problem. Sods law... the washer worked for the mechanic so he couldnt diagnose the problem.
He told me to come back when it is "broken" broken.
They say it could be the switch that needs replacing and quoted me 240 quid!!!
can this be correct???? for a switch??

Back