Technical Front Struts or Coilovers?

Currently reading:
Technical Front Struts or Coilovers?

herut

I need new front shocks and springs for my 1998 Marea Weekend 1.6. I can't seem to locate a 'quick strut', i.e. a ready to install unit for this car. So, I was going to order the strut, spring, top mount, etc.

THEN, I came across 'coilovers'. Q: Is there a difference/preference between strut/spring vs coilover for a Marea? The images of the coilovers look like they are in fact all-in-one units with a pre-installed spring and top mount. Is this correct?

Any recommendations as to the least expensive brand/stock number for my car? Also, I do NOT want to lower it; in fact I wish to RAISE it since it is sagging and scraping speed bumps at 5 mph. Any advice greatly appreciated!!

Jeff

If you can get coilovers i would like to know where from, the only coilovers i have found are bravo ones and they use a different anti roll bar to the marea, and there is no where to link the droplinks too, unless you want to weld a bit on to the coilover, you can buy a weld on sleeve to go onto the standard shock that makes it a coilover too and this will give you height adjustment.

but seriously if you can get coil overs for the marea please share as i would love a set to get my 20v weekend lower than it is.

cheers
robin

Back