Technical Front drivers door damper

Currently reading:
Technical Front drivers door damper

bigbaldy

I'll try and explain the problem......you'll kno wwhat I mean if its already happened to you.

The pin holding the arm of the damper device in the front door of my marea has snapped. As a result the arm has disappeared into the door and I cannot seem to pull it out again. I am unable to pull it out with pliars. Can anyone suggest the correct way of getting the arm out from within the door. There is enough of the arm for me to put a screw driver through it and pull alittle, but it just retracts into the door.
Fiat Marea 51 plate estate

Ah the door catch arm.. Might be a combination of pliers and screwdriver. If you can make some kind of hook to get through the eye you may stand a chance of pulling it out - will take a LOT of force. Otherwise its a doorpanel off job. Have something ready to replace the pin and make sure people are careful when opening the door in the future, especially when parked with the back into the wind.

take it off using an allen key on the 2 bolts, then you can get it in a vice and pull the arm back out into the fully open position. then refit everything and replace the broken pin.

Back