Technical Front brakes question

Currently reading:
Technical Front brakes question

Hi Everybody. I hope you are all well.
Does have anybody have either an explanation or a picture of hot to get the pads out of the calipers on the Panda?
It is an arrangement of spring clip and wedge that I have not come across before and I can't figure out how to lever the spring out.
Sorry for the dunce question.
Pictures attached.
Thank you for any advice.

Attachments

• P1030535.JPG
    P1030535.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 75
  • P1030536.JPG
    P1030536.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 35
Should be a little retaining spring clip in the hole at the back end of those wedges that just pulls out with a pair of needle nose pliers or similar. That's all that holds them in place other than friction and/or rust. With that removed the wedges just pull out from the front. You'll probably need to drift them out partway from the back with a screwdriver and hammer just to get enough out the front to get a decent grip with a pair of pliers, then just pull. (spring clip circled, then pull as shown)

Last edited:
A quick bit of feedback on this. I took the calipers off at the weekend as a bit of a break from the welding. It made me think I am making progress!
They needed a lot of persuasion using an old screw driver and a lump hammer on the "wedges" and frequent clonks on the caliper itself with a rubber mallet.
Those calipers have not been off for a minimum of 7 years to my knowledge as the car has not run for that long. There was a lot of oxidisation and rust holding everything tight.After some wire brushing they went back on a lot easier than they came off!
I think I should get a caliper rebuild kit as although the piston does move, it all looked a bit crusty!
Thanks again for the help.

Back